Monday, November 21, 2011

Go Ruby It's Your Birthday!

So we'll take a brief Europe hiatus to discuss this past weekends festivities!   Ruby's birthday extravaganza was a fabulous time and I have no voice and my eyes can't stay open as proof!
I had a flight down there Friday night - I met Charlotte at the airport - it was really pretty seamless.  My ride to the airport was a lil uncomfortable - there was an older man across from me on the subway and he WOULD NOT stop staring at me.  

It made me feel very creeped out, but I couldn't really do much about it, so I just decided to pretend I was sleeping.  Anyways…Charlotte and I grabbed dinner together then boarded the plane.  Basically you take off and land in like a hot second.  I'm reading Bossypants right now - if you haven't already done so - please do yourself a favor and read this book.  

I literally laughed out loud a few times, but thank God the guy next to me had already read the book, so he totally understood and didn't think I was a weirdo.  So we landed, went outside and waited for Hilary to pick us up.  We were also waiting for Amy & Coco to arrive, which worked out perfectly and they got there about 15 minutes after us!
After dropping bags off at Hilary's we headed to Ruby's.  It was a very low key night and we just caught up.  We are getting a lil old (aka Hags are here), so we try to keep Fridays low key.  Around 1 am we decided to head back to Hilary's to go to bed.  We had to split into 2 groups for cabs so Coco and I stayed behind for the next one.  As we were waiting, one pulled up and poured out this disastrous couple.  They were so bombed.  The girl literally fell out of the cab, stood to the side, spit on the ground, touched it, and then tried to stand back up.  The guy wasn't much better, but was trying to keep her in check.  It was hilarious.  Coco and I just watched in judgment. 
We got up Saturday morning, had bagels, did a crossword puzzle (again, Hags are here) and waited for Ruby.  When she finished her morning errands, we met her for lunch.  It was great - just relaxing and we all get to catch up some more.  We had to get ready so early, that after lunch, we pretty much needed to just head back to Hilary's to start getting ready.  Then our night began!
We started at Ruby's and all met up there.  A few other people joined us, including Kit!  Gang's all here!  Ruby's husband arranged for a limo to take us to dinner and the bar, so obvi we were riding in style!  The limo was so fun - we all had a great time.  We had dinner at Buddha Bar - amazing.  It was really good - I highly recommend it.  After a few pics with the Buddha, it was on to the bar!  
We headed to Napoleon - which is one of my fave bars in DC, so I was really excited.  On our way there, the limo driver stopped at a few monuments along the way.  My favorite was when he stopped at the Capitol building, we all piled out for a quick pic, next thing - pretty sure we broke out into a patriotic medley.  It was amahhhzing and prob the best part of the night!  So much fun! 

We got to the bar just as a bunch of my old co-workers were walking in.  I was more than ecstatic to see them!  It's been forever so I basically jumped them all upon walking into the bar.  We had to head to the downstairs area first, they were still serving dinner upstairs.  Downstairs is great - but its kind of like a frat house basement.  Music blasting and you sweat just by standing in one spot.  So you can imagine how this worked out for me.  Basically every 1/2 hour I went upstairs and stood outside.   BUT the music was so fun and everyone was just dancing and having a good time.  eventually we were able to head upstairs and have more "civilized" conversations.  It was just so fun to see everyone and catch up with old friends.  I hate that I don’t see their faces daily anymore and I just have so much fun with them, that it makes me wanna move back down.  But that's the fun of visiting, too, I get to see them, have a great time, and then it makes me appreciate DC that much more!
Sunday was not fun waking up at 8 am …worst!  BUT it was good to get home early and lay on the couch for the rest of the day. 
I wish you a fabulous Thanksgiving and I'll see you all back here next week!!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment