Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What Is The Universe Trying To Tell Me?!

Hey kids, lil 'ol me here!  Sorry for the long pause - things have been beyond hectic, but I'll give you a few updates on my life and what's been going on in good 'ol Lizzie-ville.  Apparently I'm into the "'ol's" today. 
1.  I went to DC this past weekend - yup my old stomping grounds!!  It was sooo much fun.  Jason (Ruby's husband - ps he picked his name and was super excited about it - best thing ever!) picked me up from the airport Friday night and then it began!  I met Ruby at their house, we changed, got ready and into the city we went!  We met up with a bunch of my old work cronies and Sydney even surprised me! Hilary and Kit met up with us later too.  Things got wayyyy out of control, as per usual with this old work crowd.  We basically just had a debaucherous evening that ended with me throwing up in an ally (which may or may not have been a gas station, but I'm sticking to an ally because it sounds more classy).  It was one of the most fun nights ever!  I woke up on Ruby's couch, fully clothed, with my hoop earrings still in.  Saturday was not as fun.  The girls came over for brunch and I was so not feeling well!  I tried to drink a lil bit, but that just wasn't an option.  So we all just hung out and had a low key day.  My flight back was super early on Sunday, so it actually was for the best that things remained under control!
2.  I saw American Reunion with Giuliana on Sunday. Seriously - it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.  There were definitely a few funny parts, but I just really hoped they'd knock it out of the park and it was kind of flat lined for me.  BUT I mean I had to see it, it was part of my youth and generation.  I mean I was class of 1999, too!  BUT after the movie we walked around our neighborhood adn enjoyed the gorg weather.  I'm such a nerd, but I really love where I live in this big crazy city!
3.  Not only did my Pilates class kick my butt on Monday, my spin class kicked my tush yesterday!  Like I'm having trouble moving people!  And I have another Pilates session today!  Wahhhh!
4.  TV notes:  Giuliana & Bill is making me sob like every episode.  I'm so obsessed and I want to be like in their marriage - I heart them sooo much.   The Voice is unbelievable!  I'm like in shock after every episode.  
Last night was no different - my girl RaeLynn got sent home - NOT COOL!!  But it was a hard choice, I just think she's so darling!  And can we discuss Adam Levine for just a minute.  Like I want to jump his bones and his little performance only solidified that we were obviously meant to be married.  I'm just saying.
5.  Lastly, I've been feeling a little "meh" lately.  Can't quite explain, but just not myself and a little "down in the dumps".  Well I think the universe is trying to help me express my feelings because I kid you NOT this was my "playlist" that was completely RANDOM on my walk to work this morning:

Survivor - Destiny's Child

I Wanna Go - Britney Spears

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z

Wonderful World - James Morrison

Rolling in the Deep - Adele


I mean - COME ON!!!  Like could this be anymore telling of my life right now?!  INSANITY!!
Ok that's all for now folks, but I promise I'll be better…and by promise I mean…

No comments:

Post a Comment