Monday, October 29, 2012

Sir Mix A Lot

My apologies...this was supposed to have been posted last week!!


Hello party people!  Things are getting rull cray to the cray over here!!  My sister gets married in T-4 days - ahhhhhh!!!  So this will be my last post until next week and of course I'll fill you in on all the deets. 
So as you know - I've been roped into joining Match again - which I'll say is gross (have I mentioned that yet?!).  last night they had one of their "mixer" events and I decided to go balls out and just do it.  I mean what is the worst that could happen - I have a drink and walk right back out.  I was so nervous - like sick to my stomach nervous.  I most likely should have had a strong beverage before I went.  Oh and btw I was going alone - I repeat I was going ALONE.  So I got myself looking good and off I went.  It was at this bar - nothing too special.  I got there a half hour late hoping that I wouldn't be the first/biggest dork there.  Oh and as I was approaching the bar there was a chalkboard sign on the sidewalk with this in ginormous letters "MATCH.COM" WITH AN ARROW!!  
I mean mortifying - I literally covered my face, walked in and hoped that no one saw me.  
When I got inside I, of course, made a beeline for the bar.  I wiggled my way up, there was a good number of people there, but I hadn't really scoped it all out yet.  The girl standing next to me and I started chatting.  Turned out she was in the same boat as me, came alone and was hating her life.  We of course became fast and furious friends.   So we found a spot and started to check out the scene.  EPIC FAIL. And by that I mean that there were 3 times the number of women there over men.  The men there were either creepy or about 5'5".  Have I mentioned that I'm 5'8"?!  So there's that.  We basically just chatted with each other and then finally I started talking to this guy.  I had made a rule in my head going in that I had to talk to at least one guy.  CHECK.  He was kind of a tool, but could at least carry on a conversation.  We talked for like 20 minutes and then he was like, "umm ok so I'm gonna go back and hang with my buddies".  Cool - so glad I just wasted 20 minutes of my life on you.  have fun with them. Just annoying - I mean I really wasn't feeling him, but he could have at least asked one of us for email/number/something.  It was just really awkward. 
The whole thing was just awkward.  Not pleasant.   But I mean I had a glass of wine out of it and that girl and I exchanged numbers - haha I love how those are the "digits" I came away with.  We both decided that we'd try one more event, maybe something a little more structured, and at least we'd be together next time so it won't be as daunting!
So we left and I was walking away realizing I was in major shoe pain, so I stopped to change into flats. This guy approaches me and he's like "oh did you just come from there" - points to the bar.  I mean did I have a sign on me that read "loser who belongs to match.com"?!  I was like "yah I did - enjoy!".  I had no interest.  Again with the shortness and then I was kinda creeped out because he kept asking to go to coffee with me and I didn't know what to do, so I did the obvious and said "oh sorry I'm on my way home I have a bunch of work calls I have to make".  What - that clearly does not even make any bit of sense!  Why do I do things like this?!  He then asks for my number so I bargained with him and gave him my match name.  actually I accidentally gave him the wrong one - but don’t worry he found me! 
So basically out of this evening I gave my info to 2 people - one female and one total stalker creep.  All in all I'd say it was a successful hour and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment