Monday, October 8, 2012

Working for the Weekend


Ugh - so here we are again.  Monday.  You are my Everest. 

 I hope you all enjoyed your weekends.  I managed to squeeze some fun out of mine!  Friday was another ridiculous co-worker extravaganza.  Once again I found myself out until 2:30 am with some work peeps.   So that happened.  I don’t even know - so ridiculous.  Saturday I wasn't as bad as last week, but managed to be a complete POS until about 1 pm when I actually decided to get off my couch and embrace the day!

I had a day of "me" on Saturday.  Honestly - I think it's so important and every girl should have one, at least every few months.  I knew I was having my lil bday swaray (by swaray I mean I told friends to meet me the Rusty Knot on Saturday night), so I wanted to get myself dolled up and ready to go.  my first stop was Denim Habit on the UES.  I know I've discussed this place before, but I'm so obsessed.  I literally stood in the doorway pathetic and said "dress me".  Well challenge accepted - I walked out with a bagful of new clothes!  Including an outfit for the night and a new pair of jeans that I'm obsessed with.  This never happens.  Jeans shopping for me is up there with bathing suite shopping - actually I might even think its worse. But these girls know their shiz…they nailed the style and size in the first shot!  Here's what I got…
Henry & Belle's Super Skinny Ankle

Luxe Junkie camis - UNREAL

Zoa shirt - you can see the look better with the pic below - but i got this color


After that I went to Benefit to get some new makeup.  They proceeded to just do my makeup.  The girl was really sweet - a lil bit of a flake/wing nut.  For example when she started doing my eye make up she got pretty far along and then freaked out, wiped it all off and started over.  She was a treat!  But I got a few new things that I really enjoyed using this morning…
Amazing eye primer


Pore-fessional - it's great to put under moisturizer


Amazing concealer - Boi-ing
My last stop was a blow out.  I'd never been to one of those places before - so it was really fun.  I went to Fix Beauty Bar (Vicky did my hair).  It was so nice to just sit back and let them do it for me, but also not have it look "done".  I also had a manicure while I was getting my hair done which was amazing - time saver and you just felt pampered!

I then took myself home and got dressed to go out.  we had dinner at Frankie 570 which was delish, not too $$, but great food/drinks.  Then we proceeded to Rusty Knot and Automatic Slims for a lil dancing action.

Sunday I did my closet - worst task ever!  I hate changing summer/winter stuff.  It's such a process and I dread it every season!  That is one thing I can't even wait to have - a closet big enough that I don’t have to partake in the ritual every season!  I finished my weekend with a fab TV line up of…Big Rich Texas, Revenge & RHONJ Reunion.  Umm can we discuss the reunion - did not disappoint.  Love it - and some people are still continuing to just bring on the cray-zay!

No comments:

Post a Comment