Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh Ron...Do Go ON!!

Hello friends!  Happy gross Tuesday!  It's raining and not pleasant here - so hopefully it's a lil nicer where you are.  How were all the weekends?  Mine was pretty solid!  I'll recap for you.

Well my bday was on Friday, so there's that.  I woke up, got out of bed and said - make this a good day!  I didn't feel like doing anything, but I was trying to pump myself up.  So I took extra time doing my hair & makeup, put on new outfit, and embraced the day.  I left my apartment and it was kinda misting out, but not too bad.  I literally didn't even make it up the block and the skies opened up - TORENTIAL down pour.  I was like a drowned rat. 
I had an umbrella but it didn't do a thing with the sideways rain that was going on.  I finally got to work and I was basically wearing no shirt because I had on a white button down.  So it was like I was just wearing a skirt and my bra.  One of the "head guys" at work who's about 78 years old was like "umm do you want a shirt, I have an extra in my closet".  Totally sweet, but I just stomped passed and mumbled "I'll be in my office wringing myself out - see you in an hour".  And then my secretary scurried in and gave me her desk fan which she set up for me so it would blow in my face and try to dry me off.  Oh and did I mention that my hari was a rats nest and I had makeup streaming down my face?!  Oh I didn't - well that happened!  And don’t worry I'm still using bronzer to pretend I'm still tan from the summer - so my face was basically half brown/half white and I had mascara dripping down.  So that's how the day started - awesome.  The rest of the actual day didn't improve by much.  And all my friends here weren't going to be here that night, so I planned on just going home and wallowing. 

So I left work, went and got a mani/pedi - trying to salvage the day.  After that a girl I work with (who was supposed to be going out of town) texted me and told me to meet them at this bar because she was going to stay in the city after all.  So I was back and forth and then forced myself out.  And I'm glad I did - it wound up being a great night!  Just a few work peeps and a lot of alcohol.  We went to a few different bars and things were getting a lil cray.  We randomly met these 2 men from Haiti who were amazing.  They were older and talking to us for awhile.  Oh this was after some other man spilled his glass of red wine down my leather bag (that I got in Barcelona) and I almost lost it/burst into tears.  Anywho…the one guy, Ron, was quite a character.  At one point I was standing with my work crush (oh don’t worry he was there all night buying me drinks and having fun) and this was our exchange with Ron:

Ron:  Are you 2 brohter and sister??
Us:  (giggling/shocked because we look nothing alike) umm no!
Ron:  Well good because you 2 need to date!
Us:  (laughing awkwardly, giggling, me looking at the floor/turning purple, etc.) 
So basically we're married now - at least according to Ron.  Soooo after that we wound up at this dive bar. Really fun - and this is when things start to get hazy.  I know I invited myself to a co-workers wedding (awesome) and I know I took myself home around 2 am.  I also know that I changed my shoes on the sidewalk. I also know that I woke up on my couch in a t-shirt and undies around 6 am with the TV & lights on with Whole Foods mashed potatoes in front of me.  So choose your own adventure as to how my night ended. 

Then Saturday morning came and I felt atrocious.  I was heading to West Chester, PA to see some of the girls.  I made a miraculous recovery though by the time I got there and it was all good.  I was able to power through and have another fab night!  We went to a great dinner, caught up, and went out to few fun bars.  All of us pretending we still "have it"!!

All in all it was a great weekend - despite it being my birthday!  Happy work week - we're almost there!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment