Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Just Your Average MRI Blog Post

Sooo at the rightful hour of 7:15 am today I had to get an MRI.  Nothing to really be concerned about (I know all of you were just gasping).  I've just been getting so many migraines lately and this ridiculous eye twitch that just won't quit.  My doctors think everything is totes fine, but just want to be sure. 

Anywho...have any of you ever had an (I keep wanting to write "an", but I'm not sure if it's just "a" and it's making me uncomfortable) MRI??  I mean they're one of my very least favorite things to do in my life.  I've only had total maybe 5 in all of my years (not something you want to rack up).  The worst part about the brain ones is that they put your head in this little cage type thing and then wheel you into that tube.  I'm not an extremely claustrophobic person - but this -THIS - just really gets me.  So my lil technician was just pushing me into the tube and I could feel my heart start racing.  All I could see was her lil face (they attach a mirror type thing so you feel like you can see out/don’t have to be worried) getting smaller and smaller.  And then she just gave a little wave and off she went.  
I was left to my own head and devices.   I had about 6-7 different scans, each lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to 4 minutes.  In between she'd talk to me through the speakers, it's supposed to "help", but honestly stressed me out  more because she wouldn't tell me how many more I had to do!  I just kept my eyes closed, fully knowing that if I opened them I'd be in a full out panic at the disco.  Those 30 minutes feel like 8 hours.  My adrenalin is pumping and I was just sweating.  Even though I wanted to keep my eyes closed, I had this little voice inside like "go ahead, open up, see if it's cool" - quick answer - it's not cool.  BUT the absolute worst part is when she'd be like "ok stay completely still, don’t move a muscle".  
image
Well of course that's like saying to a child, "I'm going to just sit this candy bar right here, don't eat it, ok?!"  Well of course the first thing I need to do is move, it took every ounce of my being to just stay still and not start like MRI twerking - I heard it's the latest thing - kinda like planking on the table, but twerking - no?!  PS - over twerking - never really was on board - now - can it please just disappear?!  Finally it was over and the little woman wheeled me on out - I gave a sigh of relief and off I went to work.  Best way to start your morning!

BTW - anyone catch RHOBH last night?!  And the new Vanderpump Rules?!  RHOBH:  Brandi - she was killing me last night!  And Kyle - I think she needs to move past all this stuff with Lisa & Yolanda.  And Kim is looking good - you go girl!!  The new people are kinda weird, I'm hoping they get better next week!  Vanderpump Rules:  wellll it's kinda like a train wreck that I just can't stop watching.  I think Pandora's husband said it best as they were leaving the party he said "let's go - we're better than this".  I  know I'm better than this, but it just sucks you in!  They're all bat shiz crazy!!  One worst than the next!!  The only one that was slightly normal last night, was Katie's BF Tom and he almost got into a fight with Sheena's BF who then starting bawling over said potential fight - like he was full out bawling.  WTF?!?!  These peeps are all nuts!!  And on that note...
image

No comments:

Post a Comment