Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Few Lil Snipets

So lets discuss a few things.


1. I woke up to one of the alarms (not sure if it's fire or carbon monoxide) beeping because the batteries were dying. Soooo not necessary. I was so mad. How is that an appropriate way to enter into a day?! And the beeping is piercing, loud & incessant - it doesn't stop until you change the batteries.

So I muddled through it and I'm gonna have to change those suckers tonight. Sorry to all my neighbors that stay home all day - whoops!

2. I get to work, obviously sweating, you know because it was 24 degrees this morning. I have a love/hate with my North Face coat - the damn thing keeps me so stinking warm - but then after my walk into work I'm dying. Like who sweats in a temperature that your sweat could actually freeze?! How is that even possible?? I prob should have paid more attention in science class.

3. Upon getting into work I put my wedges on and go to walk for coffee…omg embarrassing moment….loudest squeaking…EVER!!! Like people were staring because it was so quiet in my office and those really set things off. So insane. Then I tried to slink back to my desk and quickly Googled "squeaky shoe fix" - yup - that happened and I was told to put hand cream inside my shoe. We all know that I'm always up for a challenge and to try new things, so hesitantly I smeared cream all inside my shoe. Low and behold…I let it dry and the stupid trick worked!!

So if you are ever in that sitch just slather on some good 'ol hand cream and you'll be back to business in no time!

4. I bought 3 lbs. weights last night. I read on Goop about this new Tracey Anderson workout you can do in 15 minutes.

I know a lot of people swear by her, so I thought I'd give it a try! I mean other than me looking like a fool, there really isn't anything to lose.

5. I feel the need to put in a lil plug for this show I saw. It's a live thing, so don't go looking on TV for it! But it's called Mortified and it's beyond hilarious. It plays in various cities, so I highly recommend you looking into seeing it. Basically it's regular people that get up on stage and read from their angsty teen diaries or past school projects or journals. It's ridiculous. I literally was in tears listening. And then it got me thinking that I'm sure I have a few gems of my own - I should prob dig those out. maybe I'll just transcribe them on here for all to enjoy.

So that's that for now. Happy Wednesday you lil punks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment