Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Recap!!

Happy Monday!! Why do these days always come so quickly?! I had a great weekend and will be recapping our lil jaunt to AC tomorrow. But for today, I thought I'd do a lil Oscar recap of my fave fashions/moments. I didn't love Seth MacFarlane, and I really thought I would. Some of his jokes I thought were spot on and hilar, but others kinda fell flat and some were just kinda offensive. I also didn't like how LONG the whole night was. Honestly - I fell asleep at 10:30 and in had to watch the rest this morning. It's just too much. They need to cut some things out and seriously get this thing down to 2 hours maybe 3 if we're pushing it. Almost 4 just isn't cutting it for me, and I feel like a lot of people feel the same.


First off my favorite looks of the night. I feel like there were a few that really wowed me, but on a whole, I felt like everyone played it pretty safe.


Reese Witherspoon - She can do no wrong by me.  Just perfection - and that blue...totally makes her eyes pop!


Amy Adams - I really loved this I thought she looked stunning.

Jessica Chastain - Gorg!  That's all I need to say. 

The Tatums - Now this I'm a lil conflicted.  Love him...so so on her choice.  I mean she looks great, but I feel like it could have been better.

Charlize Theron - Could she be any more beautiful?!  She owns that hair adn the dress is just flawless.


George Clooney & Stacy Keibler - such a hot couple.  Perfection - although I could do without his beard.

Kerry Washington - I loved this color on her and the detailing on the top - so pretty.


The Afflecks - BEST COUPLE EVER!!  Obsesed with them.  Her dress was a gorg color and I really loved the back - she wore it well.

Hugh Jackman - a lil shoutout to the boys - he looked so daper and handsome!


Bradley Cooper - should have won!!  Didn't LOVE the hair, but his tux was spot on.

Sandra Bullock - so amazing.  Love the lace and she just looks stunning and effortless.
Naomi Watts - she took a risk and it paid off!  She looked so edgy and amazing.

Jennifer Lawrence - Stunning.  One of the best of the night.  SO gorg!

And here were some that I thought were misses if you will…

Anne Hathaway - so boring and really did nothing for her. Plus the darts on the top are giving a nip sitch that isn't attractive.
Melissa McCarthy - Oh how I love you - but oh how you need to fire your stylist.  Just doesn't do a thing for you and the hair is too out of control.
Jane Fonda - Can't pin point it - prob the color - but just really didn't do it for me.
Kelly Rowland - Don't mind the dress - she wore it well - but that hair.  She needs to get those bangs out of her eyes!!

Kelly Osbourne - So much wrong.  The hair, the dress,  it just did nothing for her at all.
Kristen Stewart - Does this girl ever not look pissed at the world?! Just being her makes this unattractive, but the dress was just not a good choice.
Halle Berry - I find her to be gorg and stunning, but I just couldn't get on board with this dress.
As for my fave moments…

1. Argo winning "Best Picture". Amaze - well deserved and I feel like Ben Affleck finally gets credit for his work after being snubbed "Best Director".



2. Jennifer Lawrence falling while heading to receive her award. I mean poor girl - it's like everyone's worst nightmare.

BUT I put it as my fave, because she dealt with it with such grace. Making a joke of it and just moving along. I love her for that.


3. Adele singing "Skyfall" and then winning. Amazing - she can do no wrong.

4. Bradley Cooper bringing his mom as his date and her just owning the red carpet. She was answering questions, joking around, just awesome.

5. Knowing that we won't have to see Anne Hathaway for a little while - soooo over her. I used to like her, but lately - she's just been really annoying for some reason. Maybe because she's just all over the place…I need a break.

So there you have it - my 2 cents. Tune into tomorrow for a lil AC recap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment