Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cupid's Arrow Must Have Missed Me

Happy V Day!  Not to be confused with "VD DAY", which is something I'd never want to be involved in!  Sooo I've had a bit of an interesting day today.  Let me break this down for you.
- Wake up, as per usual.  The girl living above me screaming "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY"…this is not as per usual and this was certainly NOT the way I wanted to begin my day.  Nevertheless, here we are.
- My hair was like static central.  I had taken a shower the night before (after the gym) and so I decided to throw it up in a cute ponytail, but the static was uncontrollable.  So I tried to curl it a bit, put it up, sprayed it and now it won't move - apparently I have like ammmaahhhzing hair spray. 
- Can't choose what to wear.  Didn't want to wear "red" and be cheesy, but didn't want to wear all black and be "that girl".  So I choose a black dress, black tights & red pumps - cute right?! 
- Got caught up in the Today Show…annnnd now I'm late!
- Roll into work late, awesome.  Go to my office, I'm sweating because I basically ran the mile to work.  My wrap dress is all discombobulated and basically my boobs are hanging out.  Quickly fix that. 
- On my way to get my daily breakfast of grapefruit, I run into the "head boss" guy here.  This was our exchange:
 
Me:  Morning!
Him:  Ohhh you're all dressed up today!  You look nifty!!
Me:  Umm I dress up everyday!
Him: Welllll sometimes.
Me:  Awkwardly giggle and slow jog back to my office. 
Sooo basically I thought I was dressing up for work most days - apparently not so much.  Sweet.
- Back to my desk to receive this card from my bestest Valentine - Isabella.  This pretty much made my day.
- Filed my taxes.
- Went to the school I volunteer at during lunch.  I swear if you ever need an ego boost - just catapult yourself into a first grade class.  I literally opened the door and they were screaming "I missed you" "We love you" "Will you be my Valentine".  It was great!  Made me smile!  So they were bananas today - they had a few "parties" and were literally off the walls.  The hour went by quickly - I almost felt bad leaving the teacher - literally they were insane today!
- Grabbed a salad on my way back to work.  The salad guy was the most action I got all day.  As he was handing it to me, he winked at me and said "Happy Valentine's Day".  Awesome - I heart you! P.S. the salad was awful - not sure what happened - but I basically had to throw it out. 
- So now I'm hungry and I'm heading to a spin class after work - hope I don’t pass out. 
- Celebrating tonight with a glass of wine and some last nights' episode of The Voice & Real Housewives of Orange County! 
I hope you all have fabulous Valentine's Days!!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment