Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar What?!

So last night my eyes were glued as the Oscars dazzled!  Or what I hoped would be "dazzelment".  I thought they were a little flat.  I mean I really enjoyed Billy Crystal and thought he did a great job, he did make me laugh a few times. I did enjoy the Cirque du Soleil part.  I was mostly just nervous.  I thought for sure someone was going to fall or something was going to snap.  But they did it and no one was sent to the hospital!  Victory!
Aside from that, though, I thought the acceptance speeches were average and the presenters weren't that funny - actually they were more awkward then not funny.  A few, for both parts, were good, but just overall I wasn't "wowed".  I did enjoy when that one "trio" won and was presented their Oscar by Angelina Jolie and the one guy made fun of the way she was standing - spot on and I loved every second of it! 


She looked so ridiculous throwing that leg out - like we get it you're rail thin - you don’t need to just that toothpick out so everyone can see it.We understand that your thigh is about the size of my big toe. 
I also love Will Ferrell & Zach Galifianakis.  Like I literally laughed out loud when Zach was "pronouncing" his name.

I did think a few of the ensembles were amaze, annnd of course some not so much!!  Here are my 2 cents - whether you want it or not!! 
HITS









This is half & half - LOVE Clooney...Stacey - not so much


MISSES

Hate the sleeves, hate the hair, just not my thing.

Everything is just too severe - I need it to be a little softer.

I don't mind the dress, but she's wayyyy too young to be wearing something so mature.

Love the color, not that huge bow though - it's too much.

LOVE her, but the dress completely washes her out.

Love the color, and the lace, but not feeling the "skirt" part.

Hate the leg...and Brad needs a haircut.
I don't mind the dress and I actually love the color, but her bangs need to be a little shorter.
So that's my wrap up, hope you enjoyed it!!  Now time for THE VOICE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment