Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tejas Part 2

Ok soooo waking up in San Antonio!!  Wahoo!  The weather could not have been better the whole time I was there - it was just picture perfect!  Here's a little summary of my stay in the big SA.
Wednesday
I got up, had coffee with Hazel and we chatted a bit.  She had to go to work, so I just hung out for a bit and then headed out.  I went and got a great mani/pedi.  Don’t worry I was helping all the workers with their translations.  They kept running up to me with their new iPad and asking questions on meanings and pronunciation.  Basically I was in there for about 2 hours and most of it was spent in "classroom mode". I loved every second - and my mani is still intact which is quite amazing.  I got this color - which I'm completely obsessed with!

Then I had a great little "hometown" lunch at this place called "EZs".  

Loved all the local watching! They even had sweet potato tater tots - I'm sorry - don't mind if I do!
Now I needed a little relaxation station.  Hazel has a pool at her apartment complex, so I took myself over there and laid out for a few hours.  I'm reading Mindy Kaling's (Kelly Kapour from the Office) latest book - it's hilarious.  

So it has been keeping me quite entertained!
Hazel got home from work a little early, so we were able to head out to a low key happy hour.  It was so nice, we sat outside at a wine bar, had a glass of wine, got all caught up!  It was great.  Then we went to this great Mexican place for dinner - so delish.  We got home watched a little TV, then we both crashed. I think we were both still exhausted from the late night before!
Thursday
Another amazing day!  I went with Hazel to her office and then we went downtown together.  She had a work event/meetings, so it worked out well.  I took myself to the Alamo - where it all went down!  It's not too crazy exciting, BUT it's history, so my dad was thrilled that I went.  
Then I walked along the Riverwalk - it's just so adorable.  If you've never been to San Antonio - the Riverwalk is an area of the city.  It's this stretch of the river and on either side of it there are a ton of little restaurants and shops.  They all have outdoor seating and it's just so cute.  Here's a little picture:

I grabbed lunch outside, read my book, watched people, may or may not have had a margarita.  It was so nice and relaxing.  Then I went to a park and read until Hazel was done with her meetings. 
Thursday night she had a work happy hour that I attended - I'll have to give you more details on that one tomorrow!  Duty calls and I need to get back to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment