Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th!

What up all you suckers?! And I say "suckers" because I am one too. If you are reading this when I have posted it - you are most likely at work. which is where I am. And I'm beyond furious about it. I'm completely throwing myself a one woman pity party. And it doesn't help that it is one of the most gorgeous days out there!

And I'm in here - staring at my computer - willing everyone to go home so I can, too!  But until then - I'll be here - sharing your misery of working before a long holiday weekend!

Last night I went to a work softball game. It was in a word - interesting. Softball is very serious among "worker" - not just where I am - but all over. The other team got into a MAYJOR fight with the umpire - to the point where the umpire almost "ejected" the guy. Wanna know what it was over?! Apparently the umpire stepped in front of the catcher while trying to make a call. There was no ball around and no way he was going to stop another guy from sliding home. But the catcher went all hella crazy and started screaming. Sooo intense!

The highlight of my night however is when some claimed they "tore their oblike muscle". Yes you read that correctly - he kept saying "ahhh my oblike!!". To which someone else yelled "you can't tear it if you can't even say it right - it's OBLIQUE!!". Sheer genius! I was dying laughing!

What does everyone have on tap for this weekend?! I can't wait for that one extra day! So excited to have Monday off! Hopefully the weather will hold out and all my weekend plans of sun, beach, bbq's and fireworks will go off without a hitch! I'm already beginning to channel my patriotism with my outfit today - navy blue/white striped sweater with a white skirt. Missing the red - but I'm just easing into the weekend! So wave those flags proudly and dust off your red, white & blue sundress! We're heading into one of my all time favorite holiday weekends!! Happy 4th everyone!!

P.S. One year my sister & I took a trip to Sanibel Island over the 4th of July weekend. And everyone I saw I yelled "Happy 4th!" - even the toll booth lady got a little shout out. By the end of the day my sister was ready to strangle me and my patriotic spirit! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment