Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th Weekend Recap

Putting my little rant from yesterday aside, how were all your weekends?! I hope you all got to have some time in the sun, relax and eat your faces off! I did - so I mean it's only fair!

Saturday I spent the day at my friend's house in CT. I went up bright and early so I could selfishly get some "alone time" with her one year old son. Who I adore/can't get enough of. It was a gorg day and a perfect one for a BBQ! I got to see some old friends and it was really nice to catch up. Of course I wore my white shorts and a red & white top from Forever21 (cheap and cute).


One minor problem - I was sweating my butt off and of course the red back bled all into my white shorts - totally awesome and attractive. Always the look I'm going for - a hot sweaty mess! But it was totally worth it because I had a fabulous day!

Sunday my parents & sister cam into the city. We saw "Baby It's You" (Broadway show).


I was pleasantly surprised! It was sooo good! The music was fun and the energy was great. The crowd totally got into it - at times to an awkward point - but none the less - it was fun for all! And then we went to dinner - which was delish! I should also mention that we had Shake Shack for lunch before the show - sorry I'm not sorry. That place never fails me!

Monday I forced myself to go the grocery store and catch up on my life. I hated every second of it because I really just wanted to lay on my couch and watch some sort of marathon. But I sucked it up. After my torture I met Scarlett out for drinks. We wound up hopping around to 3 different bars on the LES. We had a great time catching up and taking in the sights! This one bar was a plethora of drunken idiots. I swear one guy was dumber than the last. To the point where we finally had to just leave because I couldn’t handle it any more. So annoying. I think I'm too old for that - or maybe I was too sober for that - but either way - not cute!

OH and I almost forgot/was too embarrassed to admit it. Giuliana and I wanted to see a movie on Friday night - so with the timing, etc. we wound up seeing Monte Carlo.


Don’t judge me! The movie itself was cute/not awful, however the company we had to keep was APPALLING!! First of all we were sitting in the last row on the aisle trying to keep to ourselves. The movie was just starting and this mom and her 4 little girls come rolling in. Then they barrel on up to the top row stand there looking at me and Giuliana until the mom eventually says "UMM do you think you could move down so we could all sit together?"


OH, I’M SORRY… WHAT!?!?! You roll in here late and there are clearly other seats available, you have the freaking NERVE to come over and make me move?! I was livid! The audacity of some people simply shocks me. Oh and it gets better! The little girls thought that it was basically their living room. Shoes/clothes/etc. all over the aisle. To the point where Giuliana got up to use the bathroom and basically tripped 10 times. They talked throughout the whole thing.

Poor Giuliana had to sit next to one and I thought she was going to drop kick her. And what was the mom doing the whole time?! TEXTING! Not paying one bit of attention to her annoying little brats! And I love kids - but these ones were so inapro-pro!! Worst movie experience I've had in quite some time!

Anywho - now I'm back at work wishing I was not. It's so hot outside and like a million percent humidity. This weather makes me so drowsy and lazy! I just want to lay like a beached whale in my air conditioned apartment - and that’s only if I can't be laying on the beach!a

No comments:

Post a Comment