Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2 VERY Important Things

Hey guys! So this weekend was great - a lot of family time. it was my Mom's 60th bday - so we threw her a surprise party - totally nailed it! She was shocked and so happy - it was fabulous! Had dinner with my parents/sister on Sunday afternoon then headed back to the grind! One thing that is worth noting - this was a legit exchange I had with my parents. We were waiting for the train for me to get back into the city and it was POURING rain - like torrential. The train was coming in about 10 minutes - so I was itching to get out - knowing it would take a few minutes to situate myself - especially because there was a huge flight of stone steps I had to navigate to get to the train.


Dad: you should just wait - you have 10 minutes! Relax - you can just run up when you see the train coming. Don’t stand in the rain.
Mom: you know that's not a good idea - she needs time!
Me: yah - Dad - do you see those steps - you know I'm going to fall and kill myself if I try to run up there last minute.
Dad: oh yah - I forgot we were talking about you.

And there you have it - I am the least coordinated child and my dad forgot I'd cause bodily harm to myself and others around me if I tried to sprint up steps in the rain with bags trying to make a train. Other siblings - they'd do a stellar job and handle it with the utmost grace. Me - not so much.

Ok - so 2 things that came to my thought process when thinking of what I was going to write today. Here they are in no particular order.

1. The awkward hello you have to have with co-workers when passing them in the hall. Is this not one of the most uncomfortable things ever?!

Especially if it's a long hall - you both see each other and you have to say the hello at just the right time - otherwise it's too long before you actually pass - but you can't wait too long because then it's even more weird! The other day I noticed that I tend to do the quiet "hiii" and I wish I had audio - I'd do it for you. Then I follow it up with a closed mouth smile and glance down - don’t make too much eye contact. Some people go with the casual nod. I like some sort of verbal exchange - an acknowledgement if you will. What is your style? It's just so strange - and now that I've noticed it - I can't stop! I especially hate it when it's someone I don’t really like - then it's just plain awful! And I inevitably pass this guy that I don’t so much care for ALL the time - worst!!

2. THE JERSEY SHORE!! Why have we not discussed this yet?! 2 whole episodes have passed and a third on the way and I haven't uttered a single peep!

What is wrong with me?! Too much work has gone to my head! Ok so I'll break it down for you by person - I think that's the most effective way to handle this "Situation" - see what I did there?!

Snooki - oh my lil Snooks.

Her comments are just as assine as when they started. I actually have really liked her this season. I think she's very "even keeled" - if you can call it that. This new found love interest may be doing her some good. I feel like she hasn't gotten overly drunk - YET and she's managed to not cause any fights. Even being the voice of reason on occasion. My only concern - why does she sleep all day?! She's in ITALY - get out and explore! The other thing - this thing with the Situation is kinda gross - why did she hook up with him and why is he back to his usual ways and telling everyone?! He needs to stand back and have a lil respect for Jionni.

JWoww - ok - what the heck happened to her!? When did she morph into Skeletor??

She needs to eat a sandwich. That aside - I really do like Jenni. I think she's great. I died when she tried to pretend that her spray tan cans were "bronzer" - really?! And the fact that she brought over like 10 bottles - hilar. I really enjoy that her and Roger are still together - I kinda liked him last season and thought he might be a good match for her. So far she hasn't done anything too crazy and I think - once again - she's going to play more of a "mom" role in the house. I like it!

Vinny - he just cracks me up. His antics are priceless.

I love how all the boys came to his house and had a sleepover before they left. So far - he hasn't done anything too crazy. Him and Pauly together just kill me.

I'm waiting for him to bust out some crazy stuff - especially since he's the only one that can speak Italian.

Pauly D - now he is normally one of my faves - I totally heart him. I think he's hilar. BUT so far - the way he treats Deena - I don’t know.
I don’t NOT like him - but I feel like he needs to check himself. First off - that kiss - I nearly vomited all over.


Second - he did totally throw her under the bus with the Situation - but he did feel bad and buy her something. SOOOO we'll have to wait and see how he handles the rest of the trip. Hopefully he'll remain on my fav list!!

Deena - oh little Deena - the "blast in a glass". She's having a lot of trouble not falling down this season - it's a little ridic.


I really like her - but guuurlfriend needs to go easy on the booze I think. She's just partying a tad too much. When you can't stand/are falling over - you're about 5 drinks over your limit. She just needs to reign it in because I really like her - I think she's hilar. And her and Snooki together - I can't.

Situation - well I didn't think he could get any creepier - but then he rose to the occasion and here we are. He's the biggest creepster EVER!! Apparently sweatpants are his ensemble of choice - that gives him that extra gross factor.

Honestly - I can't stand him this season. And in the past - I always found a little something redeeming - now - not at all. He lurks around and just stirs up trouble. And of course he has already brought a girl home. So disgusting! And this whole Snooki thing is out of control - he needs to check himself.

And last but not least - Ronnie & Sammi - I put them together because really - how could I not?!

Ok - so Ronnie - really?! You need to lay off thinking you're "the man" and stop being dumb. Being fun and "Single Ron" is one thing - but being a jerk is another - don’t tell everyone how many girls you've been with since Sam. And this poor lil chickadee you have back in the states - flying her over is gonna cause some major dram - but it will make for a good Thursday night! And Sammi - GET OVER IT!!! Move on - enough is enough! She's so dramatic and that voice - "RONNNNNNNN" - ahhhhh! She needs to get past this and stop - just stop. She's stirring things up and causing unnecessary fights. The good part is that she seems to be getting along with the girls - so that's great. And hopefully her hair straightener won't blow a fuse - otherwise the tears will be aflowing! I'm anxious to see how this plays out - but seriously - these two just need to be put in separate corners.

So that's that! Dance Moms is on tonight - so glad some of you took my advice! And I'm going to see The Help - loved the book - so I'll let you know how I feel about the movie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment