Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DCL - Hags Gone Wild - Part Deux

Annnnd we're back! Hello friends! Ok - now for the 2nd installment of the weekend - I honestly think I might have to break this into 3 - so this will most likely not be the last!

So where were we - ahhh yes the end of Friday night. Saturday morning - again - Ruby & I woke up before the rest of the group. We had our coffee and breakfast and waited. When everyone woke up we decided to take a run to the grocery store to get our rations for the evening. We planned a Mexican Fiesta - obviously. This included tacos, sangria, guacamole, Mexican dip and obvi Corona's. We got that all situated, unpacked & organized and then got ready for the Honi Honi.

Now a little info on the Honi - its in the words of Coco "the best bar I've ever been to". It's simply amazing. Not only are the drinks cheap, the live music pumping, but the people watching is out of this world. Here are few images of the Honi so you can get it in your head.





Its simply amazing. So needless to say we heart the Honi. We got there, got our drinks and headed to the lawn. It was pretty crowded, but we found a great spot. It was so nice to just relax on the grass, listen to the music and talk with the girls. One of the best parts, as I mentioned, is the people watching. While we came across quite a few "gems", including the girl that was doing the "naughty" photo shoot in her string bikini on this elephant:



This little old woman was my favorite. We all decided that this is exactly where we are headed. Please note the crocheted American flag/ Natty Light hat & the American Flag fanny pack (not pictured) - Amazeballs.


The only down side of the Honi is that children are allowed and they are abundant. I don’t think it's something that I'd do - bring my child to a bar - but who am I to judge?! For the most part they are fine and they stay with their families, however, we were among the exception. This pack of hoodlums insisted on playing FOOTBALL right by where we were sitting.

The hit me once and nailed Coco in the chest with the ball. You can imagine my rage - they just would not disperse! Our hagisms came out in full force. Here were a few of the comments:

"Scram kid" - Sydney
"Just not acceptable behavior" - Ruby
"I’m going to apply my sun block right in the middle of their game" - Kit (as she gets up and literally applies her sun block right in the middle of their game)

Soon after this we decided to pack it in. We went back to the house and out for a little evening cruise around the lake. It was such a gorg night and we were having so much fun. Kit broke out in her latest dance moves on the boat - obvi to a little Pink "Raise Your Glass". After awhile out there - we decided to dock the boat and get ready for the night. We did all our prepping for the fiesta. Basically we were all so tired and scared we wouldn't be able to rally. But around 9:30 pm - things started to get crazy. We played a few games and then Ruby's nephew came to be our chauffer for the night. It was great - he's 18 we each paid him $20 and he drove us to/from the bar. Amazing! And he loved every (most/maybe none) bit of it.

The bar of choice was The Black Bear - obviously. Let me tell you about my favorite part of The Black Bear.

As you walk in - there are 2 separate "rooms" - one to your left and one to your right. To the right the sign says "Tavern" and to the left this is what you see…

It's pretty much my favorite part of Deep Creek - it’s the clerb of the lake. Awesome. As we were entering the guy checking our IDs told us there was a cover charge - I'm sorry what?! We're at the DCL clerb - I don’t even pay cover in NYC! So Kit being the sweet talker she is got us a 2 for 1 deal and in we went! We started off in the "Tavern". As we were walking in - in the first 10 minutes - things started to get cray cray. As we walked past a tbale this guy kept yelling "Bachelorette party!!" Oh and I should also mention the place was basically empty. So said - "no, no bach party - just girls weekend" - half smiles trying to be polite. He just kept yelling "Bachelorette Party!!!" WTF?! Then we go to find a table and this older, extremely intoxicated woman came up to Kit and literally says this: "YOU ARE SOOOOO TALL!! Can I join your groups??" But completely serious. Kit basically was trying to be nice and oblige - the woman was so drunk - it was hilarious. She just wanted to be in our "group" - but finally after much coercion she went back to her "group". I mean I don’t blame her - we're fun!

We were all sitting at our little table just taking in the sights. Then some guy came up to Kit and asked her if he could use her chair - this was their exchange:

Guy: Can I take your chair?
Kit: Umm well I umm
Guy: Just give me your chair.
Kit: I'm kinda sitting on it and there are about 10 others in the room.
Guy: Just kidding - hi I'm Joe

Wait - what just happened?! His best pick up line was trying to get her to give him his chair?! Hilar. This was the beginning of the end with this group of guys. They planted themselves at the table beside ours. When a few of our friends got up to go to the bathroom - they slowly pushed their table into ours - to join our "group" - everyone wanted a piece! I of course - never one to hide my emotions - apparently gave quite the face.

Pretty sure they called me out on it too. But if nothing else - I admire their persistence. They were pretty nice guys - albeit children - but they were nice. The oldest I think was 24. One of them just wouldn't stop talking. He was showing us his "I Heart Boobies" bracelet - which he claims was for breast cancer awareness - I was still not loving that. And then things got even weirder. He told us about an incident that occurred earlier in the day. Apparently this guy's brother was getting married so this was his bach party. Well these guys thought it would be a good idea to beat each other with a wiffle ball bat as part of the bach extravaganza. I mean some guys get strippers - these guys get wiffle ball bats. He then proceeds to tell us that his butt was so sore and it had a huge welt. I mean that was TMI as far as I was concerned - but no - oh no - he then gets up - undoes his belt - and pulls down his pants so we can see it. In the middle of the bar. I didn't even know what to do with myself. Awkward Annie does not even cut it! Totally ridiculous. After this incident - we were pretty much ready to head to the "Nite Club" side of the bar.

Upon getting in there we noticed a few guys dancing and a band. Now the band was like old school mo-town. They were good - but I mean when I'm in a Clerb I don’t necessarily wanna hear "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins - womp womp! But we made do. So we walk in start dancing - again there maybe 15 people in here. This one guy comes up to me and asks me to dance. I had noticed his skills - or lack there of.

But he was really cute and so I thought what the hell. We start dancing and then I quickly realize that not only is he drunk - but he was on God knows what. My guess/conviction is that he was coked out. he couldn't stop moving. I was being flailed all over the dance floor! It was crazy. I mean only I would find the coked out guy at The Black Bear. I finally got away. Kit was dying laughing - it was ridiculous. Then there was another guy from his group that latched onto Ruby. He was the biggest creepster. Def drunk and just a mess. He even tried to dictate how Kit was dancing - and let me tell you - she does not need lessons! Then there was drama - apparently Coked Out Charlie was telling our new friends from the Tavern that we weren't "attractive" - which then sent them into a tailspin of fury. I still don’t know what went down - but it was drama central. After that every time Charlie came over to me Ruby shooed him away and told him to stand back. This turned into ridiculousness because then it was like the "forbidden fruit" - he didn't care about me - but knew Ruby would be mad. He was married and coked out - I really had no interest. I then took myself outside to sit with Sydney and Hilary. They had found some more new friends. Shortly after it was time for us to go home. Our new friends wanted us to come back to their cabin to hang out - we put the cabash on that and headed home - prob the best decision we have ever made.

We got home and continued our little party. Obvi made food and had a few more drinks. At this point Coco was in fabulous shape and this was part of our intense conversation about cell phones being the latest things to cause cancer - just like cigarettes were for our parents generation. Obviously a nice light hearted topic that all of us were in prime shape to be discussing. Here is a snipet:

Coco: I would like to make a point!

Me: Sure - go ahead.

Coco: My point is. What I'd like my point to be. I'd like to make a point. This is my point. (looks at me) What is my point?!

That was pretty much the end of the evening! Game over! We'll resume tomorrow for the final installment of Hags Gone Wild in DCL!

No comments:

Post a Comment