Thursday, August 4, 2011

DCL - Hags Gone Wild - Final Installment

Ok ok I know the anticipation is at its peak! The final installment is here! This is prob the same kind of excitement that the Harry Potter movies brought in!

So I left off with Coco making her "point". As you could imagine - Sunday was no treat! Ruby crawled into bed with me and Sydney - and the lil pug puppies too! We recapped the night then began cleaning! Ruby's parents came by so it was great to see them and chat for a little bit. then we were off. Sydney and I went with Kit and Ruby & Hilary took Coco to the airport. It was about a 3 1/2 hour ride - so we were none to pleased to be leaving!

Our car made a quick detour for lunch when we got on the highway. Kit kept raving about Bob Evans - which didn't quite excite me as much as it did Sydney - she was dying to go. We walked in and there was a wait - obviously. And the man calling the names was priceless. He took his job so seriously - actually the manager from Friday night could stand to learn a thing or 2 from him. When he called each name - he said - with a little smirk - "Bob Evans would like to welcome The Nitter Family party of 2. Nitter Family party of 2". EVERY TIME. He also knew most of the people that came through so he was all lol'ing when he called them on the PA system. But he finally got to my name - couldn't pronounce it - and the hostess just came over and brought us to our table. Kit & Sydney basically excommunicated me because all I wanted to get off the menu was a chicken sandwich. I'm not big on restaurant's "home cooking" - I like my mom's but that's about it. Kit got some stroganoff and Sydney - not thinking about the fact that she was so hung over - decided it would be in her best interest to got this chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes thing.


This is an actual picture
 Oh and 4 drinks. I told her she had an 8 item limit - including her drinks. Needless to say by the end of the meal Sydney was in the bathroom from overdoing it.

Our car ride commenced and Sydney needed to have a "bag" - things weren't going so well. It also doesn't help that the highways out there are very mountainous - not a good trip. There was a lot of heavy breathing and sighing from the back seat.


We distracted ourselves by telling Kit some tales from college and fun facts that she didn't already know. Including - not limited to - that Sydney once wound up on all fours outside a restaurant clutching bag of Doritos (1. The restaurant was about 2 miles from her apt on campus and 2. She doesn't know how she got the Doritos and 3. Her knees were a bloody mess). Ahhh good 'ol college - and there are plenty more where they came from - but that's a story for another day!

We finally made it back to DC and I got to see Sydney's new apt - which I heart. We were so tired we wanted to die. But - there were things that needed to be done - namely a Britney concert to attend! We quickly showered, rallied and picked up Ruby - who was equally as exhausted. We drove into the city and grabbed dinner. Next stop - FEMME FATALE! Our seats were pretty good and we were def among the older people - as these little tweens were running around in their belly shirts and school girl outfits. I'm such a hag - I actually turned to the girls and said, "They don’t even know! They weren't even born when that came out!!"

Nicki Minaj opened for her - here are a few pics - kinda hard to see.




She was amazing. Soooo good. Then it was kinda annoying because Brit didn't come on for another 45 minutes after Nicki - so we had time to kill. Sydney obvi needed a t-shirt and we got some soda to try to wake us up. It took every ounce of our beings to rally and enjoy the show.

Finally she came out - and let me tell you - Britney's BACK!!




She did sooo well - I'm so proud! She sang & danced - just like the old days. Totally loved it. She also did a great blend of old & new stuff. UUHHHMMAAAAZING!!

We are such hags though - we were all annoyed that the teenie boppers in front were standing - it was loud - all sorts of things were being spewed. At one point I got so excited that Womanizer was on and I turned to Ruby yelling "YES - I LOVE THIS SONG" - pretty sure she was sleeping.

Sleeping - at a Britney concert. I hit Sydney who burst our laughing. She was full on eyes closed. Amazing. It was only for about a minute - but then she didn't even know she had fallen asleep. We just can't do it like we used to!

We finally got home and fell into bed. Of course Sydney also took the opportunity to cut her thumb on her razor - blood everywhere. I think she was just jealous of my injury and wanted to have some attention. The best part was - we had to wake up at 5:15 AM!! I had a 6:25 AM train back up to NYC. By the time we got settled/sleeping we both slept for just a few hours. WORST.

Sydney drove me to the station - I got on the train. Pretty painless. I had my own seat - I mean who the heck is on a 6:25 am train going anywhere?! I finally fell asleep and was out cold when around Delaware I hear this yelling "EXCUSE ME MOVE YOUR BAG I NEED A SEAT". I literally jumped up - not even knowing what was happening. This older woman is standing above me. What is going on?! I grabbed my bag put it on the ground and closed my eyes again. She then proceeds to tell me that she wanted her own seat and there were no other seats on the whole train. I'm sorry - what?! You're trying to tell me that there are NO other seats on this whole train - when I can see 3. Really?! Why me?! We then reach Philly and I swear I think the Duggar family got on - or at least some version. Again - I was trying to sleep. The dad is yelling "find a seat kids anywhere just find a seat" like it was some life or death situation. They had about 10 kids, 20 bags. The mom gets on and throws the baby into a seat - in the car seat and leaves him there. What?! It was insane. She told the woman who was sitting next to him that he should be fine because she just fed him and changed him - he was 4 months old! I've never seen anything like it! They got off at Newark Airport - obviously with much commotion.

I eventually got back to NYC and headed right to work. called the doctor to have my toe looked at and get a tetanus shot. I went in that afternoon - let me tell you - tetanus shots - they are no joke. She told me when she was giving it that it would hurt - I got it and it was relatively pain free. I thought - no big deal. But then she explained that it’s the after affect that gets you. Let me break it down - I have a huge red welt on my arm, its burning hot, I cant put my arm above my head and its constant pain. But in other news - my toe isn't infected and Coco did a superb job as my triage nurse!

AND SCENE! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE SHOW! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment