Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Applebalaktic Shock

What's up on this groddy Wednesday?!  Well I've just been split your pants kinda busy lately.  Soo Sydney and I went back to our old stomping grounds this past weekend and it did not disappoint!  Our "class" all day Saturday was long and we were so over it by 3 pm, but we made it through and got some good stuff out of it.  Here's a lil recap of the rest of our weekend!
My train ride down was pretty uneventful - just the way I like it!  I had virtually no issues and just watched a movie and read my magazines.  Syndey got stuck in a boat load of traffic, so it took her about 2.5 hours to make a 1/2 hour trip to pick me up.  She finally secured me and off we went!  Our ride out was good - good to catch up and chat.  Our first whack attack experience occurred as we were stopped at a light heading into town.  This car of hoodlums motioned to roll down our window, 

Sydney did and this was their exchange:
Kid:  Hey ma - you got a boyfriend
Sydney:
  What?!
Then they sped away
We finally got to campus and pulled into our luxurious hotel.  Let me explain this - it was anything but.  Here's a lil pic:
 We checked in and got into the elevator.  Immediately we were in for it.  It smelled so rancid, I don’t even know how to describe it.  The doors opened, we were hoping for relief, no go - the hall smelled even worse.  And then…our room.  Sweet baby Jesus.  It was this God awful stench that I kid you not made me gag the second I opened the door.  
We thought it was just "musty" and turned on the air.  Oh here's the other thing - we had no other place to go.  Everything was sold out and booked - this was our only option.  So we quickly threw our stuff down and headed to dinner.  One of our fave places - so delish!  We had to wait about an hour for a table - but it was so worth it.  After dinner we drove around campus and then headed right to Wal-Mart.  We decided over dinner that getting sleeping bags & pillows was going to be in our best interest. Best $25 I ever spent.  Sooo this is what we slept on…I had red, Sydney had blue.
 When we got back, we pretty much went to bed.  We had to be up at 7 am for class, so we didn't want to do anything too wild.  Again, class was ALL day, so nothing crazy happened.  My favorite line of the day was after we got all of our "assignments" and Sydney leaned over and said "I'm going to lose my job because I'm going to be so busy leading!"  
After class, we headed back to hell…I mean out hotel to change and get ready for a night on the town!  We went to our favorite place - 2 hour wait for dinner…womp womp!  BUT we were able to get a seat at the bar so that made it so much better.  An app and a few drinks later we were good to go!  Dinner was delish - despite the worst table ever that we had. Basically it was a "two top" in the middle of the aisle - so awkward.  Everyone could see you eating and just watched - we were totally "on display".  After dinner we headed back to the bar - we were both feeling pretty good!  At one point I looked at Sydney and said "did you guys hear that?!", to which she replied, "yes and I'm just one person - it's only me - no one else". Whoops!  This is also when Sydney told me she couldn't eat a certain food because she'd go into "Applebalaktic Shock".  I'm sorry - what?!  I believe you meant Anaphylactic Shock.  Heart this.  So we did some people judging and then got annoyed with the "younger folk", so we decided to change scenery. 
We went into one of our old bars and I immediately had to walk out.  they still allowed smoking - inside - so gross!!  I couldn't deal for a hot second!  Then we went to the last place of the night - things sure have changed!  Drinks were only $5 - kind of amazing.  The clientele was quite different and the music was good - not the same - but good.  We saw a few people that we knew, including a guy I may or may not have made out with during college.  Sydney thought it'd be fun to talk to him…
Sydney:  Hey (hitting him on the shoulder) - do you remember us?!  I'm Sydney and this is Lizzie.
Guy:
  Oh yah - I do kinda (pretending he didn't know exactly who we were).
Awkward silence
Me:
  Welp - good to see you!
Shortly after we took ourselves to the late night diner we frequented oh too often as students.  Hasn't changed a bit!  Then we walked home, hopeful that we were drunk enough to not be bothered by the stench and grossness of our room. 
Sunday we went to breakfast, walked around campus and then headed out.  My train home was good, despite having to sprint for it (after the changed the times on me)! 
All in all it was great weekend - even with the awful hotel - it builds character!  Guys - the countdown is beginning today - Sydney, my sister and I leave for Portugal & Spain in 1 WEEK!!!  I REPEAT 1 WEEK!!!  I couldn't be more excited but I have so much to do between now and then!!  AHHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment