Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Is Happening - Part Deux


Ok we're back.  Sorry for delay.  I had to volunteer at my company's "adopted school" yesterday - giving out books.  It was supposed to be an hour and then it turned into over 3…you see where I'm going with this…so when I finally got back to work things were cray to the zay.  But don't worry I was invited to a Halloween party by a 2nd grader - you can all be jealous now. 

Before I get completely into the rest of the recap - can we quickly talk about the second part of Teen Mom?!  OMG! 
I love Caitlyn and Tyler - 


I really hope these two can make it - like not just as a couple - but full on go to college, get jobs, be successful.  Butch & April need to check themselves and grow the f-up!  I'm so sick of their shenanigans!  My  heart just breaks for these two every time I see them. 
Maci - 


oh Maci and Ryyun - I really think that these two are destined to be together eventually.  I do heart Kyyahl, but seriously - he still loves her and I think she still loves him.  Truth and time people, truth and time, but I just wouldn't be one ounce surprised if someday down the line - when both have grown up - they are back together.  I really think that Ryyun is growing up a bit - he seemed a tad more mature this time - so we'll see!  And I just love all the lil ones - too cute - Bentley - seriously - adorbs!

Ok - back on track…

So we left off at breakfast.  After we tried to get that down - some of us with more difficulty than others - aka  me - we went home and to ourselves ready for the day.  We had tickets for the Sex & the City tour around the city.  We got up to the meeting spot and eventually filed onto the bus.  Not one of us was all that excited to get onto a bus on that gorg day, but we did it and hoped it would be fun!  We picked our seats (Sydney sat with me and Ruby & Kit sat behind us) and we were ready for some SATC enjoyment!  A nano second after the tour guide opened her mouth - this is the reaction for the 4 of us - collectively:

Sydney:  Nope - I can't do this!

Me:  Is this happening?

Ruby:  Oh, God this is gonna be painful!

Kit:  Ugh!

Guys - cyrusly (back story on that - one night I met a guy name Cyrus and my friend and I thought it was HI-larious to say "cyrusly" the WHOLE night - he didn't find it as amusing - but cyrusly - it was hysterical) - but this girl was prob one of the most annoying people you've ever heard/met.  She was an "actress" and just so over the top.  I could.not.handle.  The tour itself was not like any of us thought it was going to be.  I couldn't tell you what I thought it would be, but this wasn't it.  It wasn't awful - just wasn't what I expected.  You made "stops" throughout the tour - Magnolia, Budakhan, Pleasure Chest, Steve's Bar (where we could get a cosmo), etc.  At the last stop we broke from the group and decided to just head home.  Of course we took a "wrong turn" and wound up in Chinatown - obviously where all the dead fish were - so disgusting.  Sydney was literally running down the middle of the street.  So gross.
Eventually we made it home and relaxed for a bit.  We opened a bottle of wine and took out some old college albums.  Best!  Some of the pics were priceless and the memories just came flooding back!  We then had to peel ourselves away and force ourselves to go out for the night! 

We had reservations at Jane - which was amaze - definitely recommend!  After dinner we were ready to get our 80s throwback on.  I took them to the Canal Room - saw Rubix Cube. 


At first we all were not feeling it.  It was crowded, loud, and no place to sit.  Eventually we got into it and by the time the band came on - you'd have to drag us out of there!  The band was great - minus the people around us that were completely annoying.  Just drunk messes and should not have been out in public.  We did have an amazing time, though.  I should also note that at dinner, Sydney decided that she was going to reply to all things that annoyed her by yelling "nutsack"...soooo people that were around her/annoyed her had that yelled in their ears.  Again filed under things WE think are funny, but not everyone else.  Eventually things cleared out and we were left there dancing like fools again.  Don’t worry, Kit found herself in full on Dirty Dancing - being lifted mode - nbd. 


It was great.  After that we didn't want to go home, but we "couldn't stay here" - so off to my hood we went!  We found ourselves in another neighborhood bar and making a spectacle.  Although not as bad as the two girls that were literally giving out lap dances - so disgusting.  BTW - we weren't in a strip club!  Once again we busted out the "staying out way past our bedtime" and rolled in at 4 am.  Repeat of the night before - pizza was ordered and TV came on.  And just like previously - it was the best ever. 
We woke up on Sunday and obvi recapped.  I of course got sad when they were leaving.  Basically there were a few tears shed after they left. 


I was so sad to see them go.  It was such a fun weekend - but I know I'll see them soon!  Ruby's Dirty Thirty is right around the corner!!
Have great weekends everyone!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment