Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Little 'O This...A Little 'O That

So I clearly have some 'splaining to do.  

I'm so sorry about my absence.  Just when I say it's a New Year's resolution to be more consistent - you don’t hear from me for a week!  Not ok!!  BUT I do have a tiny ounce of an explanation - soooo please don’t leave me!!!
First off - last week - JURY DUTY!!!  Need I say more.  In this fine city of New York it's not just one day - it's a minimum of two.  Oh and guess who got stuck in a 3 day jury selection but then didn't even get picked?!  That’s  correct - ME!!  So angry - still it makes me enraged.  It prob would have been interesting too, it was drugs, attempted murder, etc.  And the worst part was that we were in the courtroom the entire time, which meant no cell phones, laptops, magazines, books, etc.  Nope we just had to sit there and listen to the questioning taking place.  Awful.  The only good part was that the judge was semi-entertaining so he did make me giggle quite a few times.  Oh and don’t worry I made friends with a 70 year old drama coach (out of the 100 other people there, this is who befriends me). And this was by far my favorite line of the whole 3 days.

Judge questioning one of the potential jurors:  Do you have a problem believing the credibility of a witness that has used drugs in the past and may have been using at the time of the incident?
Guy:  Actually I'd have a problem believing someone that wasn't using drugs.  All of the people I trust are drug users.
Judge:  Weellll that's a new one!  We don’t have time to get into this but…REALLY?!
And there you have it folks!  So that's how I spent the majority of last week.  Then I returned to work to a deluge of things to do - slightly disgusting. 
So that brings you up to speed and now I'll go over a few things from this weekend/some recaps and we'll go from there! 
- Jersey Shore - ummm I  may or may not have cried when Vinny left.  

Also I love that some random girl stole Pauly's necklace and then showed up at the door with it on.  

Ballsy and amazing. 
- I saw Contraband on Saturday night with Giuliana, let's just stay my stomach is still feeling anxious. It was awesome.  And I heart Marky Mark more than I ever have.  

Like I'm in love.  Is that weird?! We then went out for some Mexican food - had some amazing "skinny" margs (not the package kind - they actually made them from scratch).  Then we went to this most weird bar - I can't even describe it - but lets just say everyone in there looked like they were from the '90s - like straight up out of 1993. They were the motliest crew of characters I had ever seen.  At one point I thought Giuliana was going to get kicked out when some guy asked the score of the Patriots/Broncos game and the bartender said that the Broncos won and she was said - oh I thought Pats won.  He gave her a look of death and then said "we're never speaking again" and walked away.  Basically that was his way of "joking" with the guy and she "blew it".  Sooooo there's that.
- Golden Globes - I thought they were kinda flat.  Nothing crazy happened and I wasn't really that excited with them.  But I do have to give a few shout outs to best/worst dressed (in my opinion) and my guuurrll Reese - blew me away.  Like my girl crush is even larger now - I heart her - she's just so amazing. 
Best:








Worst:
Just not a fan - I don't love the severe red lip and the top - not my thing.

It looks too wrong - just too harsh or something.

Love the color, love the top, but wtf is going on with the bustle/right side.

This is way too old lady, doesn't do a thing for her.

Can. not. get behind the blue hair.  The dress is ok - not loving the shoulder pads.

Just no.  And it looks too small.
- Yesterday I saw Live with Kelly.  It was sooo fun.  She's a doll in person and was so fun and nice during commercial breaks.  And Seth Meyers co-hosted.  

Here's the thing - I know he has a girlfriend and all - but I'm just throwing it out there - I'm better and we'd have more fun.  So unless Jason Segal gets to me first - Seth - I'm right here.  Waiting.  Anytime you wanna ask me out.  I'll be here.  Sooo don’t wait too long.  I think you should be my husband. 
Ok so now you're up to speed on my life.  I know - so exciting.  I hope you're able to get through your days knowing all this about me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment