Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor This

Sooo there was Labor Day and all.  How were all your weekends?!  Mine was good - so happy to have that extra day off!! 
No one was really here this weekend so I was kinda forced to kick it solo.  After I stopped singing various renditions of "All By Myself" - I decided to be productive and active.  I went for a run on Saturday morning.  Then took my self to the park. Wanderered around Bloomies - got a phenom deal on a new Trina Turk tank (originally $198 and I got it for $47!!)!  

Then I took myself to a movie, I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love.  It was pretty good - I loved some parts - didn't love others - overall a good rental for a rainy Friday night!  Then I got home, my mom just learned how to Skype - so I was her guinea pig!  That was quite entertaining.  Sunday I got a mani/pedi, did some yoga and relaxed.  I met up with Scarlet for dinner and then the fun began!
We wandered around a bit after dinner.  Had a drink in about 3 different places - just trying to find a bar that actually had people - it was quite a fete!  Finally we settled in at Brass Monkey - it was not too crowded but after about a 1/2 hour - it was packed. Now the scene was interesting - but we were just having fun and catching up.  All of a sudden this guy sidles up next to me and sits down.  Now let me break this down for you in bullets:
-he was about 6'5"
-he was wearing a printed short sleeved button down shirt
-he had on jeans - kinda like JNCO style - kinda carpenter/cargo
-he was wearing work boots
-he could barely open his eyes
-and my fave part - he had a mustache that wasn't a mustache - basically like he just hadn't shaved but not stubble - kinda like a 5 o'clock shadow but worse.
-He kinda reminded me of Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond - but not as endearing
So now you have a picture in your head of what I'm working with.  Let's circle back to the sideling part.  He sits down and in the thickest of all thick Long Island accents says:  "do you have a boyfriend".  To which I replied no.  Then he asked if he could kiss my hand - ummm seriously?!  Is this happening.  He proceeds to grab my hand and kiss it.  So hein.  Then he tells me all of these things about how cute I am and can't I feel the attraction.  Well sir, not really!  This was our exchange for the rest of the convo (on and his name was Mike):
Mike:  So what do you do?
Me:  Explain my job
Mike:  The guy who hired you was the smartest man alive.
Me:  Actually it was a woman.  What do you do?
Mike:  I'm in construction - in LI
Me:  Cool - that must be interesting
Mike:  I gotta pee - but I'll be right back - I promise
Me:  I can't wait!
(Leaves for about 10 minutes - I thought I was in the clear - Scarlett is dying laughing now)
Mike:  Don’t worry I'm back - I told you I'd be back
Me:  Yup - never break a promise!
Mike proceeds to grab my face!! I repeat - HE GRABBED MY FACE!!
For those of you that know me know that is my BIGGEST PET PEEVE and I'm cringing even thinking about it.  I quickly pull back - disgusted - and I'm like…ugh what is going on.  He then just says he wasn't going to kiss me and he's sorry.  Why is this my life?!  He then asks for my number - via pen - I asked if it was 1997. Then he asks his friend for his phone - apparently his friend was the keeper of his phone.  He takes my number and dials it - I had my phone out so there was no escaping this.  And ever trying to be open minded - he leaves me this ridic message and for the love of God I wish I could find a way to upload it on here for you all to listen!  Scarlett and I laughed for a solid 10 minutes replaying it.  It's a gem.  Needless to say I have not responded and he has yet to call again - so I think we're in the clear!
After that debacle we headed on over to my new favorite watering hole Hogs & Heifers.  

It's just everything you hoped and dreamed it would be.  We spun around the "dance floor" a few times and called it a night!  Chatted with my doorman and that was that. 
Monday was uneventful - I actually realized at 9 pm that I hadn't left my building all day.  I did laundry and some other things and was semi-productive. 
And yesterday I had drinks with an old co-worker and we both nearly drowned in the torrential rain.  But it was great to see her and catch up - totally worth it!  She just moved into town - so I'm looking forward to hanging out more!  And don’t worry friends - I made it home just in time for TEEN MOM!!  Here's a quick lil recap:
Basically nothing really  happened too exciting. 
Farrah decides she HAS to be in Florida and that is the ONLY place for them to be happy. 

I find her so irritating I don’t even like re-thinking what she did.  She talks to that child like an idiot and I'm positive that kid already knows that her mother is a moron. 
Maci gets her hair did and is now a blond with long locks.  

I didn't quite get the need for this transformation in the midst of Kyle's injury and trying to take care of everything  - but who am I?!  As long as she getting that school work done - that's all that matters!
Amber goes to jail and gets out.  

Her and Gearrryyy can't speak or communicate.  Leah is still running around in her sleeper. And Geeaerrry's mom's glasses still won't stay on her nose.
Catelynn and Tyler have a minor tiff.  She gets all insecure about him going to the clerb.  They go to counseling and try to get through it.  In the end she goes, has fun, they grind a bit on the dance floor and all is good. 
So that's that.  And I still need to watch the latest episodes of RHOBH and Rachel Zoe - we'll be back in touch about that. OHHHH and who watched the Kardashians?!  LOVEY LOVE!!  Obvi nothing was a shock, but I loved their trip and their lil proposal.  CAN. NOT. WAIT UNTIL OCT. 9TH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment