Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Soooooooo I did it!! I ran the whole thing, guys!! And I made better time than I even expected - I mean didn't set the world on fire or anything - but it was 3.5 miles and I ran it in 41 minutes! To me that was sheer amazement. Confession - I was a little emotional and happy and proud all in one and I shed a tear or 2 at the finish line.


My mom's reaction "I'm so proud of you - but did anyone you work with see you cry?! I hope not!" Well mom - that would be no because I was alone - because I have no friends. Actually I ran with one girl for awhile and then in the final mile I told her to "save herself" and to just "go on without me". It was also kinda good because then I got to listen to my iPod and have Lady Gaga take me home!

After the race we all went for pizza which I proceeded to eat my face off and enjoy every morsel that I was putting into my body! Such a great reward after running - totally counter productive - but totally worth it!

Totally random but I had a kinda embarrassing thing happen to me this morning. I went into the place that I sometimes grab breakfast from (iced tea/coffee & whole wheat role) from - and by sometimes I mean maybe once a week. On my weeks I haven't gone to the grocery store - it may be more. The guy behind the counter looked at me and goes "whole wheat role not toasted with light butter"….I was kinda mortified that they knew my order and the guy next to me just looked at me and goes "I guess you just have that kind of face".
Me being awkward

I wasn't totally sure what he meant by that - but it was really awkward and now I don’t know if I should go back for awhile. BUT the flip side is - I kinda like that they remember me. NYC has like a billion people in it and this place is always packed - but they remember a dedicated customer and for that I applaud them!

I'm so excited it's already Thursday - I feel like this week has flown by!

Oh and p.s. - did anyone watch The Voice on Tuesday night?! OMG it was beyond amazing. I think all the "picks" were spot on. However - I'm still trying to decide who to vote for this week. My gurl Vicci nailed her song - and it's one of my faves! And seriously - Jeff - brought me to tears - nothing but love. And then Javier rounded it out - amazing. I know I've said it before - but if you're not watching this show - you are completely missing out!! Its on again on Tuesday - I'm totally psyched!!

**UPDATE**
I completely forgot to mention this.  My work crush totally saw me sweating and disgusting - emabar!  Like my hair was literally slicked back in a pony tail as if I had just used a half a bottle of Dep on it.  And the other thing - I forgot that I had to "change" behind a dumpster where people (hopefully not work people) could totally see me.  I even did the sports bra to reg bra change - that was serious.  Thank God my sister was there to "help" and avoid me getting arrested for indecent exposure!!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment