Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Runnin' Down A Dream"

Hey guys! So I'm a little nervous/anxious today. Tonight - along with my company - I'm making my running debut!! I know I've discussed my situation before - so this is really huge for me. It's only a 5K - so it's not like I'm running anything crazy insane - but to me it's huge!

I was told about 2 years ago that I really could never run again. I mean I technically "could" and physically I wouldn't completely "break" - but it was strongly advised against. So I went for those shots and I did my physical therapy and eventually they told me I could do very low mileage running - no more of that marathon nonsense. About 6 months ago I started to do more of walk/runs (for about 20 minutes) and I've now built myself up to being able to run 3+ miles. This is MAYJOR for me. I haven't run in a race in years!!

So you can imagine my Scary Spice attitude for tonight.



I just hope I'm able to finish - well I mean run the whole thing & finish. I'm so scurred!! I just hope I don’t look like a complete moron in front of my co-workers - umm and by co-workers I mean my work crush!! Please send me good thoughts!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment