Monday, June 6, 2011

Old Man River?! Or Was It Lame?!

Happy Monday! Ugh! Worst! I would just like it to be Thursday immediately - ok? Thanks!

So I came to the conclusion last night that I'm getting very old.



I watched the MTV Movie Awards with Giuliana & Carrie. And I was so completely unimpressed. Here's are three of the main reasons:

First of all - I didn't know half of the "talent" that was there - they were all about 12 years old. They all looked so little and impressed with themselves. I call that in 5 years, half of them will have been arrested for something or other a quarter will have "leaked" sex tapes and nude photos and the other quarter will "make it".

Second - the only thing that won was Twilight. Now I know that a lot of people love it and all - but I just never got into it. I tried to read the books - I couldn't follow. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I couldn't remember the names/vampires and had to keep turning back in the book which I found totally and utterly annoying. Regardless - never did anything for me. And I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't find Robert Pattinson one bit attractive.

Nor do I find his sour-pussed faced girlfriend endearing.



The girl never freaking smiles and it would be nice if she ran a comb through her hair once in awhile.  I mean what are you angsting about?!  You are making millions and don't have a care in the world!  Puhh-lease!

Third - I didn’t find the jokes at all funny. I thought Robert Pattinson - every time he went up to the stage - which was like 5 times - was awkward and irritating. The other jokes were really not funny to me either. Maybe I'm just getting old and that "humor" is lost on me. I'm all for a good joke (cheesy or otherwise) - but nothing really made me laugh. EXCEPT Aziz Ansari - absolutely hilar - he can do no wrong by me. He was dressed up like Jaden Smith from "Karate Kid" - amazing.




The only part I genuinely liked was when my girl Reese Witherspoon gave her acceptance speech for a lifetime achievement award she won.

I just completely heart her. And her words were so true and spot on. She has made it in that business being a "good girl" and staying out of trouble - it can be done!

There you have it - either I'm getting old - or maybe this was just a really sucky awards show. I'll keep telling myself everyone else thought it was lame too - that is all I have to hold onto on this depressing Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment