Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Weekend of Food & Fun!

So my apologies for the delay. Yesterday my company thought it was a good idea to hold a 4 hour diversity training class. So there's that. I obvi went - it was actually very interesting and the time really did go by quickly! BUT sadly - I didn't really have much time in my day to do anything else! So here is how my weekend with Isabella went down…pretty much amazingly.

Friday we kinda have a ritual when either one of us is in town visiting the other. It's pretty strict. Dinner, wine, PJ's, TV/talk/movie. So we did just that. We met Chase for dinner/drinks at Vero (a great little wine bar if anyone is looking). It was fun to catch up and have some wine and relax. Then Isabella and I grabbed another drink at a different bar (Chase had prior dinner plans - we didn't ditch her). It was so nice out and we were able to sit outside - so it was great to prolong our catch up session! Then we headed back to my apt for comf clothes, wine & TV!! Our favorite pastime! We got really into this new show on VH1 called "Single Ladies" - nbd Dionne from Clueless stars in it. But anyways - it was really good and we got totally sucked in! Then it was getting late/ we're getting old, so we called it a night.

Saturday we met Chase for brunch at EJ's Luncheonette - again - great place! Food was amazing!! We proceeded to run around - in/out of boutiques/nail salons (looking for the best deal). Finally found one - all got mani/pedis. Somehow they convinced me that neon purple was the best option for my toes - so twist my arm - and here we are! But I will say - it's really growing on me and now I'm kinda obsessed. It's a new color from Essie and it's pretty awesome:


At one point we stumbled into this boutique and the woman was a complete lunatic. She was so pushy and just trying to "make a sale". We were the only ones in there and it was clear that we were most likely the only ones in there the WHOLE DAY! She was trying to convince Isabella that a shirt she was trying on was a dress.

It was so short and she kept telling her what a great dress it was - it was insane. Then she told me this shirt looked so good on me - meanwhile I've never seen anything so heinous - it was all wrong! We headed to a few more places, then called it a day.

We went to Otto for dinner - it pretty much changed my life. It is a Mario Batali restaurant and it was in one word - UNREAL. My mean was so incredibly good. The wine was great and the atmosphere was so fun. We started with some cheese/prosciutto and then it comes with all these "dipping accompaniments" that you use for your cheese. So good. Then for dinner I had fresh linguini with clams in a white wine sauce and Isabella had fresh pasta filled with goat cheese and a lemon basil sauce. Both of us were in Heaven! Although the desserts looked to die for, we opted for an "after dinner drink" because we were just too full! ONLY down side - I was like a complete garlic bomb - so delightful for heading out for the night in search of a husband.

So I ran into CVS for the "triple threat" - disposable tooth brush, travel sized mouth wash and gum. We brushed our teeth quickly in CVS - the girls at the register thought we were hilar and then we headed out to meet up with Chase.

We met up with her and a few of her college friends at Revival - again a fun bar. Very low key and they have a great outdoor space. I quickly became besties with one her best friends - she now lives in Nashville - so I was telling her all about my trip there! Her friends were great and we had a blast!

Sunday always comes too quickly! We had brunch with Chase at Southern Hospitality - two words - FRIED PICKLES - made the day so much more bearable. I hate when my friends have to leave and it's "back to the grind". Sundays are always filled with angst and anticipation. But I did manage to catch up on all my Real Housewives and everything else I missed the week before!

I hope you all had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start. I mean it's already Tuesday - which means tomorrow is Wednesday - which means we're almost through the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment