Monday, June 20, 2011

"It's the Freakin' Weekend..."

I just had a fabulous weekend! Hope you all had the same. Got to spend the day with my Dad yesterday - it was a great Father's Day! Friday was very low key - and by that I mean I cleaned my apartment, ate a burger for dinner and watched Dateline - I know - I'm wild!! But it was perfect because I needed to save up and conserve my energy for what a day Saturday would be!!

I started my day by meeting Chase at 9:15 AM - I repeat 9:15 AM - for a 9:30 AM spin class. I know - we're slightly insane. But it's this newer place called FlyWheel and they only have spin classes. It's a lil $$ than I'd normally spend on degrading myself - but we thought it would be fun to try it out. let me tell you - it did not disappoint. This instructor was insane crazy good. I was more than impressed. Not gonna lie - I was a lil scared to even do it - but I figured I'd give it a shot. We got in - got on our bikes - then all of a sudden - it got sooo dark and things started moving. The music was fantastic and the instructor was the perfect balance of yelling/ motivating but not making me want to cry. It was so hard - but a good hard. At one point she yelled "you're RPM's should NOT be below 90!!"


Pretty sure I was struggling at keeping it around 70 - cray cray! I walked out - sweated through 2 shirts and a sports bra - could hardly move - drank 3 bottles of water during/right after - best way to start my Saturday morning! We felt soooo good! After that we were completely justified in going to Citarella and getting a bunch of snacks/ lunch and taking it to Central Park for an afternoon of sun and people watching! I simply love the park. No other way to put it. We found a great spot and laid out for a few hours - it was perfection! The sights you see there - aka a guy who was laying out in his underpants?!

Really - you don't own AN pair of shorts that you could wear?! After that we headed home to get ready for a fun filled night!

We met up with my friend Scarlett and a few of Chase's co-workers. First up - Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club. It was kinda eclectic. I thought it was going to be more "fratty", but it wound up being more "clubby". But the food was pretty good and the beer was great. We also got to sit outside and enjoy an amazing view of Brooklyn and the water. Definitely worth checking out!

After that Scarlett, Chase & I started a night of ridiculousness. We headed over to Automatic Slims - this place is unreal. It's about the size of bedroom and it gets PACKED. We were able to get in before the rush and got seats at the bar. All of a sudden it was like wall to wall people and the music was soo good - 80s/90s/oldies. Everyone was having fun. At one point this guy came over and was just lurking around behind us. So strange. This was our convo:

Me: Can I help you with something?
Him: staring
Me: Umm what's going on?
Him: Do you live here?
Me: Yes I do - do you?
Him: SPAIN
Me: What?!
Him: SPAIN
Chase: Do you live in Spain?
Him: SPAIN

Amazing - it was such a productive conversation. And then he took a real liking to Chase and was pretty much a permanent fixture until we left. After a while there - we were ready for some dancing. We stopped in at Barrow Street Ale House for a quick drink and then headed to The Anchor. That is where we really were able to display our stellar dance moves. I mean - we should all have been entered in a contest - that's how good they were. Especially since the average age of people in there was 24 - we were def more experienced. At one point I looked over and Chase was doing the robot while Scarlett was jumping up and down doing some sort of running man-esque moves. Best! Then we were in search of trying to meet up with Juan. He was at Essex & Beauty - which is a place we've been dying to check out. of course when we got there - there was a huge line. We waited for awhile then finally Chase told the bouncer to give it to her straight - were we getting in. He replied "no". There you have it! We took ourselves to get some pizza and headed home! A successful evening!

Yesterday I woke up at 8:15 am to get on a 9:11 am train (still shocked I made it) to go home for the day. I was exhausted but it was worth it on all accounts!! Happy Monday and here's to a good week ahead of us!!

1 comment:

  1. Check out the FREE Beach Party music series coming to Beekman Beer Garden in July/Aug. -- The Raveonettes, Swirlies, Mission of Burma, Cheeseburger and more. Full line up at www.seaportmusicfestival.com.

    ReplyDelete