Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Voice

I have a new TV obsession - shocking I know! I started watching The Voice from the start - but my love just keeps on growing! Basically the premise is that the contestants have been chosen strictly by their voice. The judges picked them without being able to see them. When they heard someone they liked - they hit a button - spun around in a chair and saw the contestant. If multiple judges spun around, the contestant got to chose which team they'd like to join. From there the teams compete, etc. Ultimately it will be narrowed down to one person - voted on by America.

First off - I totally love the judges - Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo & Adam Levine.

They are great balance of genres and personalities. I like that they don’t berate the contestants - rather they give constructive criticism or just tell them how amazingly talented they are - even if they are on another team.

Second - most of the contestants are so extremely talented. You just know that even if they don't "win" - someone has just "discovered" them and hopefully they'll be signed. There are some really unique voices - here are some of my favorite "off beat" ones:


Dia

Xenia

There are also some more "main stream" voices - that I'm really enjoying listening too.


Curtis (how cute is he?!)

Devon


Jeff

Tori & Taylor (sister duet)

Third - I loved the battles. Each team (to narrow things down), got paired up and one of the team members was eliminated. They had to "battle" against each other and sing their hearts out. If they won - they moved on to the next round - which is where we are now. My favorite battle - by far - was between Niki & Vicci on Cee Lo's team - it was amazing.


They are at the point in the competition now where every episode is live. After each episode, you can vote for your favorite contestant. From there people will be eliminated each week until there is just one. Each episode also includes a performance from all the judges (last night it was a Queen medley) and each judge performs with their group.

It's just pretty much the best show ever. I highly recommend that you at least give it a try - I can't imagine you'd be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment