Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh How The Pendulum Swings!

Hey guys! Last night I had to the opportunity to see The Addams Family on Broadway! While it might not have been the BEST play I've ever seen, it was certainly entertaining. Let me also fill you in on the true highlight of my evening.

As we were walking over to the theatre, Times Square was a MADHOUSE!! I, as a general rule, steer clear of Times Square. I absolutely hate it. There are so many people and they are all tourists just wandering. Which is totally fine - obvi we've all been "tourists" - but when I'm just trying to get where I'm going - it's maddening!

This is what I'd like to "say" to everyone in my way...
Anywho - this was actually worse than most nights - utterly insane. Clearly something was going on. As I was elbowing and cursing my way through the crowd being ever so annoyed, I looked up and low and behold - there was Josh Duhamel & Patrick Dempsey. Apparently they were doing some Transformers premiere appearance. I guess Shia LeBeouf was there, too - but I missed him.


I did however get to see the other two and they did not disappoint. Basically this was me:

Me pushing through crowd: "I HATE ALL THESE TOURISTS - JUST GO HOME!!"
Me looking up and seeing the beauty: "WAIT - EVERYONE STOP - THERE IS JOSH DUHAMEL & MCDREAMY - I LOVE TIMES SQUARE!!"

So you can see how my pendulum swung! I mean seeing those 2 can really change a lot for a girl!

After I was peeled away from that beauty that I saw, I headed to the theatre. It was Brooke Shields opening night - so I was really anxious to see how she would do. I thought that the cast did a good job - Pugsly's character had a strange singing voice and the plot was a little drawn out. But Brooke did a fab job playing Morticia

Roger Rees was also hilar as Gomez. The Grandmother - hysterical - might have been my fave character.   All in all - I'd say if you're looking for something funny and cute - it's a good show. Something Tony award winning and thought provoking - not for you! But I'm glad I went - it has been on my "list"!

Happy Wednesday everyone - we're almost there - just a few more days - we can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment