Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Freaking St. Patrick's Day!

For all you that know me, you know that St. Patrick's Day is among my favorite holidays. I literally LOVE it. I always wear my green and do a lil jig! It's just my fav. Yesterday, however, seriously disappointed and I would like to never re-visit it again. Sorry to get all "whomp whomp" on you, especially on a Friday, but I warned you , these posts wouldn't always be candy & butterflies - thus is my life!
So I began the day putting on my lil green dress - so excited. I tried to get my boots on over my "wrapping" for my foot - that was an adventure - but eventually I was able to shove it in! Get to work and it's all kinds of annoying. You know those days when the second you cross the threshold of your employment you just feel like you might punch someone. That's how I started.

My office is literally right on the parade route, so I figured it'd be total funzies to check out the old St. Patrick's Day Parade on my lunch break. I also needed a reason to just get out for a little bit and get away from my desk! So I head out and my secretary is yelling "bring back a nice Irish boy for yourself" - I'm all lol'ing. As I'm walking up to 5th Avenue I hear the bagpipes and immediately my mood changes - I love the sound and I'm so glad I came out. As I get closer to the parade route, my mood takes a sudden 180 degree turn, things went south pretty quickly. I have NEVER in my life seen so many drunk tweens/teenagers. It was absolutely disgusting. Now I know I sound like an 80 year old, screaming, "where are their mothers?!", but seriously guys, it was atrocious. At one point I looked over and some kid feel flat on his face, and standing around him were all his drunk cronies yelling & screaming about how hilar that was. Then I turned to find 2 girls, about 14 years old wearing basically no clothing and trucker hats that said "DRUNK" on them. Now I'm sorry, but what business do these girls have parading around NYC in ensembles like this?! Again - I know I sound like a cranky old bat, but this really "rained on my parade"!!

I headed back to work, wrapped it up with a 2 hour conference call and some other fun things of that nature. I decided I wasn't going out because I'm heading out of town this weekend and needed to get some things done. Got a manicure, which I promptly smudged. Awesome. And then I went home to clean/pack.

While I was in the midst of throwing God knows what into a bag, I got the worst phone call from my mom. Our beloved family dog needs to be put to sleep today. He's a 12 year old Golden Retriever and has been such a huge part of our lives, he's our family. I burst into tears, uncontrollable, totally lost it. I love that dog so much - he's the best dog a girl could have. I was just beside myself. If any of you have had to put pets to sleep/lost a pet, you know what I'm talking about. It’s the worst! Basically I cried myself to sleep last night and I'm currently at work just trying to choke back tears.

So I hope the luck of the Irish was on your side yesterday, because apparently, they "skipped" me! Sorry to be all "Debbie Downer" - I'll be more fun next week - promise! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment