Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shipping Up To Boston

So tomorrow at what seems to be an ungodly hour - I'll be en-route to Boston for the Easter weekend! I'm so excited! Both my sisters are up there and my parents will be meeting us, too. I can't even wait.

I really love Boston. I think it's a great city and I enjoy how laid back and low key everything and everyone is. Every time I go, whether it's to see family or college friends, I have a fabulous time. The restaurants are great. The bars are soo fun. The shopping is fabulous. It's a fantastic city. The only thing I don’t love about Boston is the roads/driving. I feel like I'm always lost and God help me if I ever had to drive around up there. If I ever moved up there, I feel like I'd have to hire a personal driver. And I mean I am just rolling in the dough - so that shouldn't be a problem at all.

A few of my favorite Boston spots - I know I have more, but this is just a sampling. They are as follows:

Harvard Square - I absolutely LOVE Harvard Square.



I think Harvard itself is just stunning and beautiful. If I was smart enough - I would have gone there in a heartbeat! The shopping and restaurants surrounding are also fab. A few of my faves are UpStairs on the Square, Border Café, and Burdick's Chocolate. So delish! As for shops - I adore Mint Julep.

Newbury Street - I mean there really isn't much to say other than FABULOUS. I heart Newbury Street.



It's so quaint and charming and the shops are all fantastic. Even if you're not looking to buy, window shopping is just as fun!

Jacob Wirth - do yourself a favor and go here on a Friday night. You will not be disappointed. Not only are the food/drinks good - but they have a piano player that comes in on Friday night and they do a sing along. It's amazing. Everyone gets really into it and it's sooo fun!


So off I go tomorrow - I'll let you know how my trip goes!! Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment