Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"You Put De Lime In De Coconut..."

Seriously I just I'm in love with my new "beauty product". And it's not even found in the beauty aisle! I have very dry skin and there are parts on my legs that are even a little "scaly" - TMI?! I've tried everything under the sun - even prescription lotions - but nothing seems to work. Now I've only used this product this morning - but I'm already obsessed. Drum roll please….it's Coconut Oil!!




When I talked to my acupuncturist about my dry skin - I didn't even get all my words out before she yelled "Coconut Oil"! She absolutely swears by it for any and all "skin related" ailments. So I figured what the heck - I'll try anything once! She gave me the name of a brand and told me to get the kind in the cooking oil section. You can also get it in the "beauty aisle" - but the cooking oil one is more pure and does a better job.

Off I went to Whole Foods in search of my heavenly oil. That's another thing - you can only really find it at random grocery stores - Whole Foods def has it - Trader Joe's does not - nor did my regular grocery stores. It comes in a jar and it's a solid in its "pure form". So it looks like a big white blob. You have to "warm it up" to get it into an oil consistency. I just brought it into the shower with me and let the water run on it - I put it right by my drain. By the time I was done in the shower it was more liquidy. Then just lather it on! Use it sparingly - you don’t need a ton - it goes a long way. The smell is a little strong at first, but totally dies down.

The only down side is that since it is oil - you are a little slippery! Like I can't cross my legs right now. Oh and be careful after you touch your legs/body to not run your fingers through your hair - Grease Lightening!



I'll keep you posted on how it works - but already I feel like it does the trick. My skin feels incredibly soft! And the best part is - it's all natural and completely organic. So you're not putting any chemicals, etc. on your body. I highly recommend you all give it a go! You'll have baby soft skin in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment