Monday, April 25, 2011

"Well I Love That Dirty Water..."

Boston was just fabulous this weekend! I had a great time catching up with the fam - at least part of the fam! The weather - not so much - except Sunday morning.

Friday night we went to Antico Forno - soooo delish. I had linguine with clams and white wine sauce - seriously amazeballs! I really loved the atmosphere here too. Perfection! Then it was a relaxing evening.

Saturday we had brunch at Zoe's Kitchen - one of my faves that I actually forgot about. It's soooo good. I highly recommend you all give it a try! The breakfast is just outstanding. The day was horrendous. Soooo incredibly gross. We headed over to the Tufts Women's Lax game - a valiant effort was made by all. The reffing in this game was just as awful as the weather. Disgusting. They lost by one goal - and it was just so sad. The refs really had more than a few awful calls during this game. I even yelled a few things - a few not so nice things that is! After we thawed out and dried off, we headed to dinner at Border CafĂ©. Love. Saturday night was movie night and we watched The Switch with Jennifer Aniston & Jason Bateman.



Now this got awful reviews - but I for one enjoyed it. It was a little weird/slow in parts - but I thought it was a very cute rom-com. And the little boy in it is absolutely adorable. I thought the reviews did not do it justice!

Sunday was like an Easter miracle! I woke up and actually saw the sun! Albeit for just a few hours - but it was a few hours of sun!! We had brunch at Cafe Luna - again - so delish. I feel like I just ate my way through Boston this weekend! I prob gained like 15 pounds! I had the lobster eggs benedict and it did not disappoint. Totally unreal! After brunch we took advantage of the weather and walked around the city for a few hours - it was so nice and warm and sunny!! Then I flew home and by the time I got back - it was raining again!

So here I am - back in NYC - not excited about it. I feel like the weekends go by way too quickly and I always want just one more day! I really think its quite rude that the weekends are only 2 days. I think it should be at least 3 days - I mean it's only fair! Getting back to reality after a great weekend is just so difficult! I think it's going to be a long week. But I'm looking forward to next weekend - Kit is getting married!!!!  I'm practicing my dance moves so I don't wind up like this...not making any promises!


No comments:

Post a Comment