Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sucker Punch

Could this day be any grosser and longer?! Seriously - I'm so over it! I'm forcing myself to go to the gym and all I really want to do is go home, curl up on my couch, and possibly eat a pizza or maybe macaroni & cheese - or maybe some Mexican - either way, the gym is not involved in this fantasy equation! Anyway - back to the blog! Every now and again I'll get an email from a friend requesting I divulge a particular story from my past. So this one I'll share with you and PLEASE if you have any requests/suggestions - I ALWAYS welcome them. Unless I don’t like them - JK Rowling!

Back in the day when I was dating Chaz, something that I never envisioned happening to me - did just that - it happened. A few days prior to this incident, he was informed that he'd be getting a job transfer for work - not just to somewhere normal like New York - he was getting transferred to the Middle East. Oh and I should mention that he had to leave in under a week. So you can imagine my upset and confusion when he came into my apartment one night while I was cooking us dinner and made this announcement. I was stunned to say the least. Kinda like this:


But I mean - you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Or at least that is just my luck and I've learned to roll with the punches!

All that was left to do - was make our last few days fun and enjoyable! I should also mention that the weekend he actually had to leave, I was in my best friend's wedding - the MOH to be exact. So I had to leave a few days before him to go up and do all things wedding for her big day!

Our last night together was great. I made dinner, we had some wine. Just really hung out and spent some "quality time". I was trying not to hold back the tears and just enjoy the moment. I didn't want him to remember me like this:


We were heading to bed and making out a bit - I mean come on - it was our last night! All of a sudden things got a little too aggressive apparently and I guess our faces cracked into each other. My nose was throbbing and I went to touch it and found- GUSHING blood. Like disgusting gushing blood. Won't stop bleeding. I'm catching it, he's racing around trying to find a tissue. All the while yelling - "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!". It was the most ridiculous scene. Needless to say our make out session came to a screeching halt! All I could think about was that I had to be in a wedding that weekend and I prob should have gone to get a nose job instead. Marcia Brady kept flashing before my eyes:




The next morning it was all black and blue - awesome - but at least the bleeding stopped! We said our good-byes and it was sad. But the good part was I had a fabulous wedding to get to!

So the moral of the story - if you're gonna get a lil aggressive while making out - either wear a helmet or at least a nose guard!

No comments:

Post a Comment