Friday, April 15, 2011

Time to Make the Donuts

Seriously people - I couldn't be any more tired this morning. Full disclosure - this isn't going to be one of my better posts! I go through these fabulous phases of not sleeping. It's really awesome and the best part is - I'm in one now! Basically I go to sleep all normal, then I have a nightmare of some sort, wake up around 3 or 4 AM and then I can't go back to sleep. So I'm on day 5 of this fun little cycle and this morning I just can't deal. I feel like I could fall asleep at any minute.




It's really just awful. I try to even turn the TV on after I lay there for like an hour and hope that that will "lull" me to sleep. But let me tell you - there isn't anything really good on at 4 am! Not even fun reruns of shows. The other night I put on Laverne & Shirley - I mean I do enjoy that throwback - just not at that hour of the morning. The laugh track alone was killing me!  But the flip side is that if I don't have something to distract me - I just lay there and my mind races!  Then I'm almost brought to tears because I'm just sooo tired, but I can't sleep.  It's awful.



Basically my alarm went off this morning - really there was no need because I was already up - but all I could think in my head was "Time to make the donuts". Then I shuffled off to the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment