Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things - Food Edition

Today was the first time I "dared to bare" and the joke is on me! And by "dare to bare" I mean I didn't wear tights, stockings, pantyhose, etc. Seriously - the weather man told me it was going to be 71 degrees today. I stepped outside in bare legs and I mean people looked at me like I was crazy. It's freezing out there! But then I had to commit. And now I'm sad. Where is spring?!?! I'm willing it to come so badly, but it just isn't listening! So on days like these, I channel my inner Fräulein Maria and remember a few of my new favorite things! These are some of my "newer" faves and are all food items - obviously.

Fage Greek Yogurt -



OMG I'm in love. I didn't think I'd really care for it and full disclosure - I didn't the first few times. Now it's grown on me and I eat it every morning for breakfast. I like the 0% kind. I also add fresh fruit - usually strawberries or blueberries. Honey is also delish in it! The best part is - it's so good for you. It's low carb/fat/calories - all those fun things. I'm also partial to this brand - I've tried a few others - but this is my fave.

Starbucks Shaken Green Tea & Lemonade - Seriously - it's like the most refreshing drink on the planet.



I absolutely love it. I get mine unsweetened - the little bit of lemonade in there is enough for me. It's very fresh. You can also get it with other flavors of tea - sometimes I get the black tea. Either way you go - it's amazing.

Blue Diamond Sea Salt Almonds -



I have low blood sugar, so I always keep some sort of "snack" in my desk drawer. I try to keep it healthy and high in protein - so nuts usually are my best bet. I just came across these the other week and I'm obsessed! They are so good and really hit the "snack spot". The great part too is that there is a "counter" on the side - so you know your portions. Otherwise, I'd seriously just eat the whole thing in one sitting. They are just that good!

Indiana Popcorn - OK this one I didn't see coming. I absolutely LOVE popcorn - it's a staple at every movie outing. But short of getting it at the movies and maybe the occasional bag of microwave stuff - I never eat it. I HATE bagged popcorn you buy at the grocery store. I don’t know why - but I just really don't like it - it tastes fake and gross to me and reminds me of a Sunday School snack. I don’t know what possessed me to pick up a bag of this stuff - actually I do - it was endorsed by The Apprentice and it caught my eye - I'm a marketers dream, I tell ya! Anyways - it was a blessing in disguise. I first bought the Movie Theatre kind and Isabella happened to be visiting that weekend - I opened the bag and it was like heaven in my mouth.



Literally I looked up at her and I was like - OMG you have to try this! She took a handful and there was no turning back - the bag was gone by the end of the night! The next time I bought it I tried the Sea Salt kind. I took this bag to Charlotte's 30th bday so we could snack on the bus to the wineries.



Again - people doubted - took one bite - housed the bag. This stuff is THAT good. The only bad part is I can only find it in certain grocery stores - but if you can find it - buy in bulk - it's UNREAL!



Food just makes me that happy - unfortunately it doesn’t make my butt and waist line happy! But - I guess that's what my gym membership is for! And on days like this when it's dreary and gross out - food just really does the trick!!

1 comment: