Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bedtime Stories

On days like these - the last thing I want to do is get out of bed! I hear the rain outside and it's still kinda dark out. I'm so cozy and all happy in my bed. I hate the cold feel of the floor as I make my way to the bathroom to prepare for yet another fun filled day at the office! I thought it might be a fun time to discuss bedding. Honestly - I HEART my bed. I think I've made a nice little "nest" if I do say so myself!  It's times like this that I really do with we lived in a more "Bedknobs & Broomsticks" society and I could just ride around in my bed.


Now my bed is super soft - basically it's like your on a cloud. I mean no big deal. But if you like hard, concrete beds - don't look at me! I think one of the most important parts to my bed is my feather bed. I'm obsessed. I actually have this one from Pottery Barn - it's the "hypoallergenic down-alternative" one - yes I'm a freak! It's seriously changed my life.


Aside from the necessary feather bed - the next important items are the sheets! These are essential. I don’t go for anything too crazy - quite honestly - my bank account can barely handle my shoe obsession let alone my sheet desires! I usually go for the "middle of the road" ones. For quite sometime I was devoted to the Jersey Cotton "Pure Beech" sheets.


These are great - however, I've graduated to a more "mature" sheet. My faves actually come from Pottery Barn Kids - and of course they have great ones at Pottery Barn, too. I find the "Kids" have more fun prints/colors.

Pottery Barn Kids

Pottery Barn Kids


Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn
Next up - a duvet/quilt. I like a duvet - I have a down comforter, so it just makes it easy for me. I've found some great ones not only at Pottery Barn (my sister just got a beautiful one from there), but also at West Elm.  Another great place for both sheets & duvets/quilts is Garnet Hill. I love that website! They also feature one of my faves - Lily Pulitzer!

Lily Pulitzer at Garnett Hill

Lily Pulitzer at Garnett Hill

Lily Pulitzer at Garnet Hill

West Elm

West Elm
Obviously last but not least - pillows! Both to sleep on and decorative. Sleeping ones a such a personal preference - so I won't even go there. But decorative pillows - so key! I'm still searching for a few to add to my shams, so any suggestions are welcome!

So after talking about all this - I'm right back where I started this morning - I want to crawl right back into bed! I'm counting the hours until I can be under those covers and sound asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment