Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh, Totally Normal

First things first - I apologize for the delay in posting this.  It has been, for lack of a better word, a hellish day.  Let's just say I've already burst into tears twice.  Happy Monday!!
On to happier things - my weekend recap!  This weekend was the birthday celebration of Amy!!  We had so much fun and obvi craziness ensued.  The hags just never seem to disappoint in that department! 
Friday night I told the lovely Amtrak on up to Beantown.  I was greeted by Amy and her husband.  Shortly after Coco arrived. The other girls got stuck in DC - apparently you need a captain to fly your plane - minor details - and they were lacking in that department.  So eventually Sydney, Ruby & Hilary rolled on it.  Amy's husband is studying to be a sommelier, so he was kind enough to do a "mock wine tasting" for us.  It was so much fun and very professional!  Just what I needed for a rainy Friday night!
Saturday we got up and had a great brunch and then headed over to see Bridesmaids.  It was during this car ride that my favorite quote of the whole weekend was said by Hilary.  We were having a random conversation about shaving.  This was the exchange:
Hilary:  The woman that used to sheer our sheep didn’t shave her armpits.
Everyone in the car:  Nothing - Silent

Me:  Ummm did no one just pick up on what Hilary just said.  I can't.  What?!  She just said - like this whole sentence is normal - " The woman that used to sheer our sheep didn’t shave her armpits."  Does anyone have any reactions to this?!
Everyone in the car:  BURST OUT LAUGHING
And that is why I love my friends.  Before we actually entered the theater - since we were early - we thought it would only make sense to just drink a 24 ounce beer - I mean because that's normal. 

Then on to the movies!  Do yourselves a favor - if you haven't seen this - GOOOOO!  It was beyond hilarious and I'm obsessed.  I loved it.  Totally classic!  And the best part is that some old lady in our theatre yelled out "that's awful" really loud when they showed one of the gowns.  Love the audience participation! 
We then quickly got changed and ready for the night.  We had dinner at Cafeteria.  Again - highly recommend.  It's a really fun atmosphere and the food is good.  The drinks are really fun, too.  At the end of dinner, after we'd consumed like everything on the menu, we had a little bday celebration treat.  It was beyond good - like 5 different ice cream flavors, fruit, brownie, hot fudge, could you just?!
The rest of the evening was a series of uncomfortability for me.  We went to this bar called the Liquor Store.  When we walked in - we were basically the oldest girls by like a lot.  Prob almost 10 years.  All the girls there were dressed as if there was a hooker casting call at the bar.  I have never in my life seen such sights.  These dresses barely even covered their butts (and some didn’t) - let alone other things!  I felt like a major hag - but seriously - who let them out of the house?! 
Then I looked over and there was bull that you could ride.  

Now throughout the course of the night - this got increasingly more entertaining.   I've put a few pics below of 2 of my favorites.  
This girl wore a sweater with snowflakes & khakis and glasses.   She just didn't care and was totally happy!


Now this girl thought Spanx were ok to be in public - notice the red part is actually her dress.

These did not include the girls that decided it would be a good idea to ride this thing in a dress.  I saw more butts that night than I care to remember!
The main reason that Amy wanted to go to this bar was the "entertainment" of the evening.  "Mini-Gaga" was performing. Picture below.  She also preformed with "Mini- Beyonce".  They were…interesting. 





Of course Ruby was determined to get a picture with them.  So after their performance we ran after and try to find them.  As we were running across the bar - all trying to stay together - it was grossly crowded - a disgusting thing happened to me.  Sydney was behind me and can attest to this whole situation.  I was walking and she was grabbed onto me and we were trying to just maneuver the crowds.  All of a sudden some man literally tickled my stomach.  WTF?!  

Literally he put his hand on my stomach - tickled - and said "tickle tickle".  Now this is the second "tickle incident" I've had in 2 weeks - what about me says "please tickle" - I HATE it!  I looked up at him - disgusted - and said "REALLY?! Why do you think that was ok?!"  He replied, "What - I just tickled".  I then yelled "WELL DON'T - THAT'S NOT OK!!"  All the while - Sydney is just about peeing her pants!  Why is this my life?!
We finally got to the performers and were able to take an amazing pic of them on the bull with us surrounding - don't worry - everyone was totally jealous.  It's really NBD. 



After that it was time to call it a night.  We headed home and settled in for the night!  Sunday - Sydney thought she was going to die.  Could have been that this was her drink line up for the evening:
Pomegranate Lemonade (2)
Dirty Martini
Bailey's
Red Bull Vodka
Beer
I took my first Acela trip home - kinda loved it.  Now I'm going to have a hard time going back to the "regular" train.  I then laid on my couch and enjoyed catching up on last weeks RHW episodes followed by my Sunday line up - Mob Wives, Audrina, Saddle Ranch & Khloe & Lamar!  And now I'm hating Monday - seems about right!

2 comments:

  1. Good movie – awesome. Good movie with friends – priceless!

    Mini-Gaga and Mini-Beyonce, huh?! All in all, you did have fun. Did you try riding that bull? Guess there are a lot - A LOT - of things happening at that bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aylin - I couldn't agree more - good movies/friends are the best! I did not try to ride that bull - I think that would have been the biggest scene that bar had ever experienced! I enjoyed watching all those lunatics more! And with a Mini-Gaga & Mini-Beyonce running around - there was a lot to see! Haha! Thanks for reading! XOXO

    ReplyDelete