Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Have A Love/Hate With Summer

Guys seriously - we are entering into two of the top reasons why I don't like summer. Even though I LOVE summer, there are a few things I take issue to. The first is actually getting there - my allergies are like off the charts and the second - sweating - obviously.

So this morning I did NOT wake up feeling like P. Diddy. I was a disaster! Sneezing - my eyes were itchy - my throat felt like it was closing up. Just disgusting.



These changing seasons really do a number on me. And this year in particular seems like the worst ever - amirite?! Is anyone else having major issues this year?! I mean every year I prob say "this is the worst" - but seriously - I think this might in fact be - THE WORST. I've also had a migraine for like 3 straight days - totally not helping matters!


Ok onto my second issue - sweating. By now you should all know that I have a sweating problem. It's insane. I don’t smell - I just sweat. It's embarrassing and awful all rolled into one. Like yesterday after my spin class - I got back to my office - drenched. Like it wouldn't stop. I had to close my door for an hour and hope that I "came to" and eventually it stopped. Ridiculous. The worst part though is that I walk to work - which I love. But by the time I actually get here on these humid, hot days - I'm drenched.


I wish there were showers at work - because I'd just assume take one here. It's really quite disgusting. I'm at the point where I don’t even dry my hair - became not only does it add extra heat - but it's pretty much wet by the time I get here anyways - so what's really the point?! The air drying is better for your hair anyway, and it helps to "keep me cool" on my walk.


It reminds me of this one fateful day when I was en route to work in DC. I was getting the Metro and it was about 800 degrees down there. I was also sweating before I even left my apartment - walked out into basically a "soup like" atmosphere - so by the time I climbed down the 7 miles worth of steps to get to the Metro - I was done for. Usually I carry a tissue/napkin at all time in case of situations like this. I try to "blot" the sweat away and look somewhat like a normal person. But I went to go get one out of my bag - shear panic - there was nothing. I was rifling and found NOTHING! Not even piece of paper I could use. Of course this made me panic more which in turn made me sweat more. I realized what I had to do. And as embarrassing as it was - you know the whole desperate times - desperate measures. I had to resort to using a panty liner. Yes folks - a panty liner that I had in my "make up bag" for emergencies - along with 5 other tampons.

I had no choice. So I pulled it out discreetly - hoping that no one saw me and began to "blot". And wouldn't ya know - it was the most amazing thing ever. That thing absorbed the sweat like a champ! I think it was the best embarrassing decision I've ever had to make.


So Summer - as much as I welcome you with open arms and embrace your wonderful beach days and outdoor dining/drinking - I just wish you'd lay off the humidity and stop causing me to sweat and wheeze all at the same time. If we could just eliminate those factors - I'd be the happiest girl alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment