Friday, May 20, 2011

You Can't Say Bomb In A Bar

Sooo last night was interesting to say the least. I went out with Chase & Hazel and as per usual, things got weird. I love this city - but there are some strange people here and I happen to encounter all of them!!

We started the night at Rattle N Hum. We had never been, so we thought we'd give it a try. It was great - great selection of beers on tap - fun atmosphere - the food was pretty good. The only problem - it was about 145 degrees in there. Like so unbearably hot. I was, of course, sweating - but so were Hazel & Chase. And this poor man across the room looked like he just jumped in a pool. He was drenched - in his business clothes - drenched. So sad. After we finished up dinner, we had to leave. It was just wayyy too hot. We headed over to Galway Hooker. I had my birthday party at the West Village location, but I've never been to the East Side one. It was fun. Not too crowded - good music. We were having a good time. Hazel wasn't feeling that well - so she called it an early night. Chase and I decided to stay for one more drink and see how we felt. This is when things took a turn.

We were sitting at the bar - minding our own business - chatting away when this random guy approached Chase. He had slicked back hair and was wearing a leather jacket and tight jeans - need I say more?! He creepily went up behind her and asked her if he could leave his book bag with her while he went outside to smoke. She was kinda taken aback - not sure what was going on - next thing - book bag on the ground in between our 2 bar stools. He leaves. We both immediately start freaking out - certain there is a bomb in the bag. I'm watching his every more outside. Chase said, "if he leaves - we're outa here". Of course I agreed. He came a few minutes later and was all smiles and wanting to chat. Neither of us were really feeling it, but of course it was a ridiculous convo.

Chase:  We thought you had a bomb in that bag.  (nervous giggles)
Guy:  Haha - oh yah there's a bomb in here - a bomb in the bag (creepy trailing off laughter)
Me:  Prob shouldn't say "bomb" in a bar.
Awkward silence
Guy: So what do you girls do?
Chase: We're lawyers.
Guy: Do you like it?
Me: Some days I do - some days I don't.
Chase: What do you do? (and then looks at me and says "besides make bombs")
Guy: I'm a chef. I only do private parties - I don’t like catering to so much. (Umm last time I checked they were the same thing).
Me & Chase: Cool.
Guy: Where do you live?
Chase: Brooklyn (and no neither of us lives in Brooklyn nor do we know anything about Brooklyn)
Guy: Oh crazy - me too! Where abouts?
Me: Dumbo (the only place I know)
Guy: Me too! DO you know the Golden Apartments (or whatever he said)?
Me: OH yah - totally - that's a great area.
Guy: Oh let me go get my friend to join us - be right back (leaves his bag - again)
Chase looks at me: We HAVE to get out of here - that's totally a bomb.


So we left - actually we ran a little bit. And then we stumbled upon the best bar EVER. It's called The Wharf. It was fabulous. The only part I didn't like was when Chase & I were in the bathroom and this girl was POUNDING on the door yelling about how she was sick blah blah blah. So we opened the door to find this little thing - all drunk. So gross. We then went to sit at the bar - turned around and she was making out with some dude. I looked at Chase and said "oh looks like someone is feeling better". Hein. We had a great time there and we even met another interesting person. He was very loud and thought he was pretty cool. He was chatting us up about how awesome he was and how he was there alone. All this ridiculousness that I didn't care to listen to. Chase then wanted to go to this other bar downtown, so of course this clown decides he's coming with us. We go to get into the cab and who slides in, too, but the guy that girl (the one from the bathroom) was sucking face with!! Of course Chase took advantage and decides to make fun of him:

Chase: Dude you were totally making out with a sick girl who was so drunk.
Dude: No I wasn't.
Chase: Yes you were - so gross.
Dude: I'm engaged - that wasn't me. (Later the other guy told us he really wasn't engaged he just wanted us to stop making fun of him - I still don't buy it.)
Chase: It was totally you and that makes you even more of a jerk.

So the cab ride was awkward. We get there and the big spender was all "oh I got this" - the cab was $5. We get inside and I coined it the "Land of Little People". Everyone was about 21 years old. All right out of college - ridiculous. The girls were all tiny and skinny and throwing themselves at guys - all drunk.


It was insane. Even though Chase proclaimed "I'm not threatened by these whores" - we were a little out of our element. The band was good though and maybe on another night I might have been more into it. But I just wasn't feeling it. So we called it a night!

I got home - chatted with the doorman - totally normal. I literally walked into my apt and fell into bed. This morning - woke up - couldn't breath - can't really talk - allergies OOC!!! But I mean it's FRIDAY - so it's all good! Enjoy your weekends you crazy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment