Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Octopus Fight

Seriously guys - yesterday was like a debacle of epic proportions. From my dressing situation straight through my acupuncture appointment! Just not one of my better days!!

I got to work and realized that not only had I left both my breakfast & lunch neatly packed ready to go in my refrigerator…but I also left my shoes!! I, like most "commuting" women, have "commuter shoes". I keep about 5 pairs of heels/flats in one of my desk drawers. I always have a pair of brown/black of each and then usually some random pair winds up in there! So I thought for SURE that I had a black pair in there - no dice. Closest I came was a pair of tan wedges - whoops and whoops! So let me break this down for you. My outfit yesterday was beyond hein. I don't know what I was thinking. I actually went to the bathroom at one point and thought "oh good LORD you look awful!" And then to add the shoes on top of it - worst. And to top that off - I just braided my wet hair out of the shower. Looookkkinng Good!! So basically here is the ensemble:



Now to the naked eye it might not look THAT bad.  Let me break it down.  The skirt was a pencil skirt that came up so high it basically cut off my circulation.  And the shirt - cap sleeves - NEVER a good look for me.  They make my arms look "large & in charge"! 

Complete disclosure - there are times that I go to work that I really could care less if I look all that fabulous. I barely see anyone on a daily basis - so unless I know I'm going to see my work crush or I'm going out after work - meh! So this prompted a great "reader request" to start discussing when I wear such outfits to work. You may be seeing more of these little posts - actually more than I care to admit!

So after a crazy day at work I headed to acupuncture for what I thought would be a relatively relaxing session. WRONG. She decided that in addition to my treatment (which went long by accident - 40 minutes!), she tried "cupping" on me. Basically she takes like 20 little jars of sorts - puts them on my back - suctions them to my skin - and it causes pain - and then leaves me in the room for 5 minutes. Oh totally relaxing and soothing! So this is what my lower back looked like:


And I should also mention that just before she put them on she was like "It's not a big deal, but when I take them off, you will probably look like you got in a fight with an octopus". Oh, I mean - that does happen to me daily - so it won't really matter! WHAT?! Basically now my back has red circles all over it. The only thing that really sold me on this was she also mentioned that Gwyneth Paltrow does it - so obviously I was sold on that. But this was a pic from when she did it before a premier:



Anywho - it was an experience and apparently because I didn't get "that red", she's gonna suction harder next time!!


Sooo I figured I'd drown my sorrows at the Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale! I had gotten a VIP invite - totally thought I was important. I sauntered up to the address - realized the line to GET IN was wrapped around the block. Pressed my face up against the window realized I wanted EVERYTHING and quickly got to the end of the line! Waited for about a half hour - not even close. Grabbed some woman who was leaving and asked her what it was like - she looked haggard - and she replied "it was awful - I waited over 2 hours just to check out!". The girls in front/behind me were yelling at me as if we were in the trenches:

Me: I'm out - not worth it!
Random Girls: You waited this long - you can't leave now!! You have to stay!!
Me: I just don’t think I have it in me - I mean I was just cupped!
Random Girls: What you think you have better things to do?! I mean - you're going to regret this.
Me: PEACE OUT!!


So I took myself home. Watched Glee - which was awesome. And called it a night. So glad to jump into bed and dream of being attacked by an octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment