Monday, May 23, 2011

Lunch Lady

Happy Monday - bleh! I had a fabulous weekend - got to babysit one of my favorite little boys! It was so fun. One of my best friends from college came into the city this past Saturday with her little family. We all went to the Central Park Zoo for the morning. Saturday was gorg! And then I got to babysit so her and her husband could go to an engagement party. We had so much fun! Went for a walk, played on my yoga mat (little things), had dinner …it was great! Then yesterday was so gross and disgusting - I only emerged from my lair once to go to the grocery store. Then I promptly ran back home to dive onto my couch. Which is where I remained for the entirety of the day. My allergies were off this hizzle - so it was just what I needed!

So here's the sadness of the day - my lunch is already over. As I've mentioned before, I do enjoy food. And because of that my work days are usually cut in half by the excitement that is lunch time. I have my breakfast at work (Greek yogurt & strawberries) and then around noon I'm allowed to have lunch. This means that my day is half way through! But today it's sad because I finished my lunch by like 12:15 pm and now - here we are. I still have more than 4 hours left! This is not an enjoyable way to deal with the hell that is Monday!


However - I will share with you my new favorite lunch treat! I try to be good about bringing my lunch. Living/working in NYC can get expensive and when you realize you're dropping about $15/ day on lunch - that's $75 a week - it kinda makes my stomach hurt (not enough to not eat lunch though, obviously). So - my solution is to try my best to bring something at least a few days a week. A lot of times its leftovers. At my old job it was great - I'd just basically bring my fridge and we'd concoct our lunches in the kitchen and it was great. Here - not so much. Bringing your lunch is a rarity and I feel very self-conscious when I'm in the kitchen "preparing". So I try to keep the prep to a minimum here! You can imagine my excitement when I found these:


Amy's Pocket Sandwiches. Now I'm a fan of Amy's products - so I was happy to try these new little situations. Seriously - they are amazing. So good - and because it's Amy's - not bad for you at all! I've had the Cheese Pizza, the Spinach Feta & the Spinach Pizza. I'm going to try the Broccoli & Cheese this week! The best part is - they're super easy to transport and heat up! It's a perfect solution! The only down side - I eat them quickly and then they're gone!

So for all you "lunch packers" run (don't walk) to your nearest grocery store and pick some of these up! I promise - they won't disappoint. Oh and they do fill you up. I normally eat an apple as an "afternoon snack" and this totally ties me over until then! Happy lunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment