Monday, May 2, 2011

Microphone + Cow Bell + Tambourine = One AMAZING Evening!

First things first - congrats Kit & her fab new husband! The wedding was simply amazing and I had sooo much fun!! As did Ruby, Sydney & Hilary!!

I started out the journey to the wedding at 6:30 AM - my train left the station! I thought for sure it would be nice and quiet given the God forsaken hour on a Saturday! Well - let's not forget who I'm talking about and of course I prob rode in the most ANNOYING car on the whole train. I was all psyched because I got my own seat - partly because who travels at that hour and partly because I gave a death look at anyone who even attempted to come near me. Right behind me was a mom and her son - I thought it wouldn't be a problem and an older couple sat diagonal in front of me - again - didn’t think anything of it. I actually thought the woman sitting across from me would be the biggest issue - she was on her phone for awhile when she first got on the train. Well wrong on all accounts! The girl across from me fell asleep immediately upon pulling out and then the fun began. The mom behind me might have been the most annoying person I've ever met. Not only did she literally cheer her son on (who was about 12) while he blew his nose - yes I'm talking "come on - do it again" , "you got it - another good blow", & "one more - keep going - yes - yes - good one" - but this was another one of their exchanges (in her most irritating voice) while she was trying to drill him on his math skills:

Mom: ok honey - what percent of 100 is 50
Son: 18%
Mom: no…not quiet - try again
Son: 38%
Mom: almost there - do it again


And this went on for a good 1/2 hour. I mean really lady - clearly the kid doesn’t know percentages - either teach him - or call it a day! In addition to this lunacy that was ensuing I glance over to find the older couple - like 70 year olds making out. Yup - she was laying across 2 of the seats with her feet up at a 90 degree angle leaning against the window and he was standing over her making out. DISGUSTING!!


Not just because they were in their 70s - I wouldn't want to see it if they were 17! There is a time and place and the Amtrak at 8 AM is neither!! I couldn't get off that train fast enough!!

Luckily Sydney & Hilary were at the station and off we went! We had about a 3 hour car ride ahead of us. Time flew and we were able to catch up and enjoy the ride! We also stopped at Sheetz - which is pretty much my favorite place of life. Best snacks ever! And a relatively clean bathroom! We pulled up to the gorgeous resort just in time to have lunch with Ruby & her husband. We enjoyed a few beers at lunch and soaked up the sun! Then we went to check on Kit's preparation and try to help her with anything she needed! Then we all got ready ourselves for the festivities!

The ceremony was perfect - out on the lawn - it was a beautiful night. Kit looked GORGEOUS!! Everything went off without a hitch - Ruby even had to do a reading and she did so well!! Next stop - cocktail hour outside! They had a great "signature" lemonade drink that Ruby did warn Sydney that it might make her "tootie fruitie"….what that means - I'm still not so sure! It was so nice and I'm so glad the weather held off! After that we headed into the room to enjoy dinner & dancing - 2 of my fav "D" words!

The band was amazing and all of us immediately headed to the dance floor as soon as we were allowed! While out on the floor Ruby looked at me and exclaims, "I can guarantee that the band is going to come at you with the microphone and you're going to have to sing"…literally with in one minute - who had the mic?! This girl - and I got to sing "Respect" - pretty much amazing. As the night progressed I saw a cow bell that I had my eye on - looked at one of the band members and she just handed it over. I've never seen Sydney look more surprised then when I came at her with that thing! It was awesome. Next - oh I'm sorry - there's a tambourine - yes please! Ruby and I climbed on stage - she danced - I tambourined - it was the best thing ever! I even looked out to find one of the random guests video-ing it - so we'll prob be viral by the end of the day. That is all I need for that video to "leak"!!



Unfortunately, the night did come to an end. We made a last stop in the hotel bar. Ruby's husband and I enjoyed some gymnastics - we were critiquing of course. Then we all retired to our rooms. Hilary, Sydney & I ordered room service - which we all fell asleep before it came. Awesome. This was mine and Hillary's exchange when the phone rang:

Me to Hillary (who was sleeping next to the phone): Pick up the phone
Hillary: What?!
Me: Pick up the phone
Hillary: Does nothing
Me: Pick up the phone and say hello!
Hillary: What?!
Me: The phone - that is ringing - pick it up and say hello!
Hillary: Ohhh…(picks up the phone)

Then me and Hillary had a few slices and Sydney remained sleeping - not to be disturbed!

The next day after brunch we all headed back home. The girls dropped me off at the train station where I had to endure screaming and annoying children. But the actual train ride was fine - and I watched The Fighter which was pretty much amazing - the best way to end a great weekend!

Lastly - I'd just like to add that I'm proud to be an American today!  I heard the news this morning and I wish I had that "Value Pack" of flags that Coco and I purchased back on September 12, 2001.  I'd wave those things proudly!  I'll close with this...a lil something I got from Loafers Sans Socks regarding Obama's "real" speech to our country.




No comments:

Post a Comment