Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Headboard From Hell

I thought last night would be a nice relaxing night of putting together my new headboard and watching Glee. Well that's what I did - but relaxing it was NOT!

My sister is staying with me a few nights a week because she just started a fab internship in the big city. We had a great dinner followed of course by Pinkberry and headed home for the night. I had gotten my new headboard from West Elm delivered during the day - another aggravation - but I digress - so I was so excited to slap that sucker on! Here's the pic of what it should look like:

So I unpacked it and whipped out my instructions. They keep the instructions on their website to try to "go green" - so I printed them out and was ready to go. looked simple enough! We'd have this thing up in no time. WRONG. One slight thing - the instructions mentioned 2 pieces that didn't come with the headboard. So I made a lil call and after many transfers and my face getting increasingly redder from anger - I was informed that the instructions that are on the website - the only ones they give you - are not in fact accurate. I didn't need those pieces. So I asked simply:

Me: Ok - can you just send me or email me the correct instructions then?
West Elm: Yes - not a problem
Me: Ok - I'll just wait a few minutes until they come through my email.
West Elm: Oh - no it's going to take at least 24 hours. I have to put in a request for the directions - we don’t just have them.


Oh, I’m sorry…what?! You don't have the real directions on hand - yet you don’t include them with the delivery - and the ones online are wrong. So not only do I have to call you to ask about it - but then I have to wait AT LEAST 24 hours before you can so kindly email them to me?! So basically I lost it. My sister was laughing - I was screaming - it was a scene. Something I thought would be so easy turned into insanity.

By that point it was time for Glee. I calmed myself down. Thinking we could do this tomorrow night, I'd still have my sister there to help me. But by the time Glee was over - I was raring to go. Determined to get this thing on my damn bed. My sister and I are two intelligent women - we could figure this out!

A few flat washers, sweating, cursing and bolts later - we stuck that thing up. Will it stay - I don’t know. Will I hear a crash in the middle of the night and have my head suddenly against the wall - possibly. But it's up…for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment